What Can I keep with a Chameleon?

flashover49

I have a new terrarium and I already have a pair of Red eyed tree frogs. Can I get a Chameleon as well? I was looking into either a Cape Dwarf or a Pigmy. Something smaller. Any insight would be appreciated.
Thanks Rob
Please feel free to email me @ [email protected]

No you cannot do that, the tree frogs require different things than a cape dwarf would need. And good luck trying to get that bradypodion species anyway, I am in south africa and maybe am the only one on the forum who has them.

And not just that but they cause stress for each other, im sure they might even try eat eachother or something like that.

There are some other bradypodion species that might be made available to you guys in the U.S (if that is where you are located?).
But I would not go for them if I were you, they are not always the easiest beginner chameleons and I am sure you guys will have to pay alot for them, so it would suck to loose a $400 chameleon.

Start with something maybe easier, panthers are nice aswell as carpets and veileds, but I dont like veileds too much as they can get mbd quite easily and they are very aggressive.
Bradypodion pumilum (cape dwarf) is a shy species but can also be quite curious and aggressive especialy gravid females, my last gravid WC female would hand feed after a week of me having her. They are quite a nice species, but for some reason I keep having loses with this species, what really annoys me is that I have lost my last female just before she gave birth. I still have 2 juvis left which I think are 2 males but 1 might be a female (holding thumbs).
I am still trying to figure out why they die. But once I have bred other species well and made enough money, I will buy perfect setups for this particular speices.

Bradypodion are I think the best species. And I love that you guys (people nor South africa) get so jealouse of the cape dwarfs I have :p

Last edited:
cape dwarf is not available in the stats and Rhampholeon spec. couldn't be housed with long-time success together with Agalychnis spec.. The frogs need the hole time high humidity which will cause lung problems for the Rhampholeons

No. Have you taken into account that they require totally different environments? This would be just one, of many, conflicting factors. Also, I believe you have the wrong name when you refer to "Cape Dwarf" chameleons. To date, there are none in the US or Canada (presuming that's where you're located).

"What Can I keep with a Chameleon?" Hmmm you can keep plants, crickets, superworms, silkworms, and lights. How interesting is that? To be honest you cant keep anything with them.

-Clemonde

Also, if I remember correctly, red-eyed tree frogs are nocturnal. Chameleons are diurnal. Neither of them should have to be put through the stress of waking up in the middle of the day/night because their tank-mate is running around. So that is a no, keep them separate.

"What Can I keep with a Chameleon?" Hmmm you can keep plants, crickets, superworms, silkworms, and lights. How interesting is that? To be honest you cant keep anything with them.

-Clemonde

Apparently I misunderstood the point of This post and will retract my statement. Just make sure to use some type of Smileys or something for us old people that are used to it to denote your meaning.

Gpmo

Last edited:
Because being lippy is the best way to get people into the hobby huh. Congrats on being smart with someone asking a simple question.

Gpmo

No one is being "Lippy" grow up and learn to have some fun. We are here to learn and enjoy our stay here on the forums. Not only I answered his/her question I had some fun with it :p. You on the other hand should not be wasting peoples time with your useless post, next time post something that is productive or something we can learn from. Your post was useless and therefore should be deleted. :mad:

-Clemonde

No one is being "Lippy" grow up and learn to have some fun. We are here to learn and enjoy our stay here on the forums. Not only I answered his/her question I had some fun with it :p. You on the other hand should not be wasting peoples time with your useless post, next time post something that is productive or something we can learn from. Your post was useless and therefore should be deleted. :mad:

-Clemonde

I must agree here. I thought it was quite clear you were just messing around. Uptight people have no place on an internet forum where there is so much tone that can left up to the reader.

Maybe i took the post the incorrect way it came off as lippy and smart. I could easily be wrong. Which i will admit to. The response could have easily been done in a PM though to take this off the main thread. Which i should have done myself.

Gpmo(him)

Maybe i took the post the incorrect way it came off as lippy and smart. I could easily be wrong. Which i will admit to. The response could have easily been done in a PM though to take this off the main thread. Which i should have done myself.

Gpmo(him)

So the smart posts are not asked here :confused: ;)

LOL.
Eisentrauti I had to check your signature. Very nice, at first i thought it was XKCD, guess i found a new comic to read.

Gpmo(him)

Wow, this is not what you told me in the P.M. you just sent me. You were RUDE! I think I deserve and apology. :D

-Clemonde

I apologize for misjudging your initial post hows that.
And i do believe i have the right to disagree i still think my initial thought was right. But i could be wrong. Now go read comics like i am. Or play Borderlands like i am also trying to do and not doing any of the three very well.

Gpmo (him)

p.s. the third is being on forums

You can also have some myriapodia in your enclosure as well! They clean up the ground and won't stress your chameleon!

But this isn't as fun as having a second reptile in it, but i don't think it will happen! ;)

You can also have some myriapodia in your enclosure as well! They clean up the ground and won't stress your chameleon!

But this isn't as fun as having a second reptile in it, but i don't think it will happen! ;)

What if you have a baby female veiled with a little adolescent veiled female?

Back
Top Bottom