What Breed Of Chameleon Should I Get?

I think we scared him off. Anyway, since im bored at work, heres a break down of costs for just my chams enclosure:
24"x 24"x 48" tall screen cage - $150
Mist King system - $140
Dual T5HO 24" light fixture - $120 plus arcadia UVB bulbs
Basking light fixture - $15
Basking light ( incandescent house bulb) - $10 per 4 pack
Live plants - Atleast $75 worth just inside the enclosure
Temp gun and thermometers - $40
Drainage system - $40
TOTAL: $590 NOTE: This amount does not include supplements, gutloads, feeders, replacement bulbs, or the electric bill.

Also, I may have drastically underestimated my costs. I also have spent about $300 in vet costs after one visit, medications and follow up appointment.

I think we scared him off. Anyway, since im bored at work, heres a break down of costs for just my chams enclosure:
24"x 24"x 48" tall screen cage - $150
Mist King system - $140
Dual T5HO 24" light fixture - $120 plus arcadia UVB bulbs
Basking light fixture - $15
Basking light ( incandescent house bulb) - $10 per 4 pack
Live plants - Atleast $75 worth just inside the enclosure
Temp gun and thermometers - $40
Drainage system - $40
TOTAL: $590 NOTE: This amount does not include supplements, gutloads, feeders, replacement bulbs, or the electric bill.

Also, I may have drastically underestimated my costs. I also have spent about $300 in vet costs after one visit, medications and follow up appointment.
Interesting. That seems low to me, I'm well over $1,000. I'm too scared to add it up though. And That doesn't include cost of chameleon, feeders or supplies for them. I have SIXTEEN bug enclosures going right now. This is a very expensive hobby. I've spent $250 at the vet just in the past month as well.

Interesting. That seems low to me, I'm well over $1,000. I'm too scared to add it up though. And That doesn't include cost of chameleon, feeders or supplies for them. I have SIXTEEN bug enclosures going right now. This is a very expensive hobby. I've spent $250 at the vet just in the past month as well.
I'm $1000 deep for 2 enclosures 2x2x4 with single T5HOs.

Most of those prices I listed were off the top of my head. I feel like I've spend more as well. Overall, I know I spent more because when I first started decided to get a chameleon I bought that god awful chameleon kit at petco..... What a waste of money that was....

Most of those prices I listed were off the top of my head. I feel like I've spend more as well. Overall, I know I spent more because when I first started decided to get a chameleon I bought that god awful chameleon kit at petco..... What a waste of money that was....

For brand new cham keepers, maybe factor in a "trial & error" cost. Although I came here first and did research for a month or two before getting a cham, there were still some items I initially bought that were wrong and replaced at additional cost.

I love veileds, and if your a first time owner they are a bit easier than panthers and Jackson’s. Just do lots of research and don’t forget, there’s no such thing as too much research :)

Back
Top Bottom