What Breed Of Chameleon Should I Get?

They do not do tricks.

They are very expensive. --> https://www.chameleonforums.com/blogs/average-cost-of-owning-a-chameleon.522/

Mostley they do not like you but can learn to tolerate you in some cases. l

THEY DO NOT DO TRICKS.

My setup alone has cost me close to 1G. The live plants and feeders are also things that need to be kept alive.

I don't even consider Mona a pet. She is an animal I keep and am responsible for.

Vet bills are large too -- if you can't afford them I HIGH KEY suggest you do not get a chameleon.

I would go with male (MAKE SURE ITS A MALE BECAUSE USUALLY THE PET STORE PEOPLE DONT KNOW) panther because panthers are more colorful and you won’t have to deal with the stress of egg laying

Even if you went the cheapest route. After the screen enclosure, UVB light, basking light, fake plants/vines, hand mister, feeders, and supplements. I think you would still be around $400 without the cost of the chameleon.
Yes there are routes that cost less, but never cut corners with animals so fragile

They said that were 25.... :banghead:
Missed that.

OP if you are still around and this thread seems like too much I would be happy to PM with you about what it's like to keep a chameleon. Been one of the hardest animals i've worked with (financially, stress-wise, education-wise) but it has also been one of the most rewarding, humbling, and all-around one of the coolest things I've had the pleasure of partaking in. It has CONSUMED my life and interests and almost pushed out all my other hobbies. It was nothing like I expected it would be.

OP like I said I’m local to you, I’m more then happy to help you but I need you to understand this animals are extreamly hard to care for. I see a Cham on Craigslist for sale all the time here from ppl that didn’t realize what they are getting into. Please think about this go to the place to told you about talk to the staff talk to me. I just don’t want to see another Cham on Craigslist. I can’t house them all

Back
Top Bottom