What are your misting schedules?

ajs

Avid Member
I installed a mistking last weekend and have been following the panther chameleon care sheet from chameleon academy for my misting schedule

Screenshot_20200522-091100_Drive.jpg

My exact times:
  • 2am for 1.5min
  • 7:15am for 1.5min
  • 3:45pm for 1.5min
  • 9pm for 1.5min
Light schedule atm = 730a-730p

I have substituted the dripping section with another 1.5minute mist. I do have a dripper that is constantly on a very very slow drip, but no way to turn it on at that specific time since I work during the day.

I have noticed my cham showing darker colors and staying put in his spot first thing in the morning more than he used to and will probably try to either mist an hour earlier (so that it is about an hour and a half before lights on) or an hour or so after lights on.

I've read that it can be beneficial to have a mist before lights on to replicate morning dew, but have yet to see my cham drink first thing in the morning (I have to put food in his cage/feeder cup as soon as lights go on due to my work schedule so he could not be doing it because I'm there)

What schedule do you guys use?

My favorite for Panthers was like 5-10 minutes(did longer some days, I liked to mix it up) in the morning right before lights on. I had a window in the room so it was dimly lit. I changed my lighting each month to match sunrise/sunset. Then at night right after lights out I'd mist another couple minutes. Sometimes during the day I'd have lights go out and mist for a few minutes like a rainstorm. Then once a week I had a long misting session in the morning before lights... about 30-45min for Panthers. My Parsons got 2 hours. Not saying this is all necessary, but that's how I liked it to be.

My favorite for Panthers was like 5-10 minutes(did longer some days, I liked to mix it up) in the morning right before lights on. I had a window in the room so it was dimly lit. I changed my lighting each month to match sunrise/sunset. Then at night right after lights out I'd mist another couple minutes. Sometimes during the day I'd have lights go out and mist for a few minutes like a rainstorm. Then once a week I had a long misting session in the morning before lights... about 30-45min for Panthers. My Parsons got 2 hours. Not saying this is all necessary, but that's how I liked it to be.
Did you notice your panthers taking 20-30 minutes to leave their sleeping spots in the morning with that schedule?

Mine seems to have done this as soon as I implemented misting before lights going on along with showing some pretty dark colors. He was darker than I had seen him in a little while this morning especially

Did you notice your panthers taking 20-30 minutes to leave their sleeping spots in the morning with that schedule?

Mine seems to have done this as soon as I implemented misting before lights going on along with showing some pretty dark colors. He was darker than I had seen him in a little while this morning especially

I don't remember noticing any odd behavior. They would usually hang out in the mist and just hang out for a while before going to warm up in the basking spot.

Reactions: ajs
I don't remember noticing any odd behavior. They would usually hang out in the mist and just hang out for a while before going to warm up in the basking spot.
Hmm, okay. Thank you!

I'll play around with the times and see which one he seems to prefer. I feel like he doesn't like the current situation lol

My mist king schedule for my 2 panthers:

10:00 am- 2 minutes
1:00 pm- 2 minutes
4:00 pm- 2 minutes
6:00 pm- 2 minutes

I have a little dripper set up to give them water in the afternoon as well. I’ve been able to maintain proper humidity and avoid respiratory infections with this schedule.

I have substituted the dripping section with another 1.5minute mist. I do have a dripper that is constantly on a very very slow drip, but no way to turn it on at that specific time since I work during the day.
I don't understand. Is there some reason the dripper can't go on a timer?

Someone should invent an electronic dripper. Something along the lines of an infusion/IV pump.
*hint to anyone who is electronically inclined.

I was just researching this yesterday! You can build one if you like tinkering :). Total: $50 plus shipping

Complete "Solenoid" Tutorial here.

Parts you'll need...

I was just researching this yesterday! You can build one if you like tinkering :). Total: $50 plus shipping

Complete "Solenoid" Tutorial here.

Parts you'll need...
I’m somewhat handy in several area, but electronics is not one of them.

Back
Top Bottom