What are Some of Your Favorite Songs and Music Videos?

Omigosh! Mustabeen 25/30 years ago, a friend & I drove up to Canada to play in a Crokinole tournament. It was a long drive, so we took a motel room for the night before. With nothing to do that evening, we spotted a club in strip mall across the street from the motel (well, at least nobody had to drive back to the motel! :p)

When we got to the door, the bouncer said, "$5 cover". Friend & I looked at each other thinking, "Cover charge for a dive like this?" Bouncer added, "There's a live band tonight." We figured what the hey, forked over our $5 CDN and went in.

"Dive" it was not. This was the biggest bar I had ever seen in my life.
It was huge—like a mega-Walmart, but a bar.... Actually 7 bars spaced around the place, and a huge stage at one end. We got a couple of adult refreshments, and since things hadn't got jumping yet, we played a few games of pool.

Then the band came out & started playing... You guessed it—ELO. We were in the farthest part of the place from the stage, and we still had to yell in each others' ears to be heard over the music & din. Well over 1000 people in there that night.

Another thing they had that I'd never seen before was a coded balloon thing. Patrons could buy different colored helium balloons; each color had a different meaning, e.g "Available", "Back off—I'm in a relationship", "Buy me a drink", etc., etc. I can't remember all of them...
Awesome story! I was never a fan of ELO when I was younger. Only now am I appreciating their music, along with a few other bands.

95% of these songs I have never heard in my life :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: from page 1-80
I'm impressed you had the wherewithal to go through 80 pages! :eek:

I would guess my unfamiliarity to be somewhere in the same ballpark.
I occasionally try to sample a few, but IME, most peoples' (though they may not admit it) taste in music gets established in their youth. EXCEPTIONS ACKNOWLEDGED.

IMO, rock & roll died with the advent of disco, and very little produced since then interests me. Again... exceptions. Our record collection is primarily vinyl, and the CDs are either digital versions of the same stuff or the same bands/genres. Yes, I'm a musical fuddy duddy just like my parents were, so NYAH! 😝

It’s always nice to be exposed to new things. :)
IDK about nice, but so I know what to avoid! :LOL:

oh yes! I agree. I apologize if I came off offensive. was totally not meaning to be.
This will probably be taken as more offensive though not intended either—just being honest! 😇

Oh no! I didn’t see it anywhere close to offensive! I’ve always listened to a very broad range of music and find great value in being exposed to new and different sounds. One never knows where they’ll find a new favorite song.
Okay, thank you! I tend to pick up on music my parents listened to growing up. It's fun to explore out of the year were in now.

I'm impressed you had the wherewithal to go through 80 pages! :eek:

I would guess my unfamiliarity to be somewhere in the same ballpark.
I occasionally try to sample a few, but IME, most peoples' (though they may not admit it) taste in music gets established in their youth. EXCEPTIONS ACKNOWLEDGED.

IMO, rock & roll died with the advent of disco, and very little produced since then interests me. Again... exceptions. Our record collection is primarily vinyl, and the CDs are either digital versions of the same stuff or the same bands/genres. Yes, I'm a musical fuddy duddy just like my parents were, so NYAH! 😝

IDK about nice, but so I know what to avoid! :LOL:

This will probably be taken as more offensive though not intended either—just being honest! 😇
Now that I think... I didn't go through all 80, but I did look at alot!

Back
Top Bottom