What are Some of Your Favorite Songs and Music Videos?

Don't know why, but the tune sounds vaguely familiar... :unsure:
Not acquainted with the group, but I think I will become so.

Also not sure I've ever seen a cello played that way (while standing); I have seen it played that way across one's lap while seated.

'Colorful' group with an interesting name, considering they're from Regina, Saskatchewan.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Dead_South

Reminds me a little of another Canadian group—Moxy Früvous.

Don't know why, but the tune sounds vaguely familiar... :unsure:
Not acquainted with the group, but I think I will become so.

Also not sure I've ever seen a cello played that way (while standing); I have seen it played that way across one's lap while seated.

'Colorful' group with an interesting name, considering they're from Regina, Saskatchewan.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Dead_South

Reminds me a little of another Canadian group—Moxy Früvous.
It showed up last week on YouTube and looked interesting enough. I wasn’t disappointed.

Missus & I have a special affinity for late balladeer, Harry Chapin.
Where we went to school (college), there were 4 different colleges within a 5 mile radius;
it was like college town⁴ (college town^4). :eek: 😁 🥳

During that period, one of Harry's younger brothers matriculated at one of the other colleges.
Every year, Harry played concerts at each of the 4 schools, so we got to see him perform live quite a few times. After one such concert, we found ourselves at an afterparty with the band at the motel where they were staying. College concert tickets during the '70s were $5 or less—festival seating only.

I think most folks familiar with the music of the '70s know Harry Chapin, and one of his biggest hits—Taxi. I don't know how many folks know that there is a sequel to Taxi, called... [drum roll...]... Sequel.

This past weekend I was feeling a bit nostalgic, so... Here are both songs (or one really long-ass song) recorded live in Hamilton, ON, Canada on Aug. 19th, 1980.

Harry Chapin - All 14 minutes of Taxi & Sequel

( Playback on other websites has been disabled by the video owner. Watch on YouTube )

Missus & I have a special affinity for late balladeer, Harry Chapin.
Where we went to school (college), there were 4 different colleges within a 5 mile radius;
it was like college town⁴ (college town^4). :eek: 😁 🥳

During that period, one of Harry's younger brothers matriculated at one of the other colleges.
Every year, Harry played concerts at each of the 4 schools, so we got to see him perform live quite a few times. After one such concert, we found ourselves at an afterparty with the band at the motel where they were staying. College concert tickets during the '70s were $5 or less—festival seating only.

I think most folks familiar with the music of the '70s know Harry Chapin, and one of his biggest hits—Taxi. I don't know how many folks know that there is a sequel to Taxi, called... [drum roll...]... Sequel.

This past weekend I was feeling a bit nostalgic, so... Here are both songs (or one really long-ass song) recorded live in Hamilton, ON, Canada on Aug. 19th, 1980.

Harry Chapin - All 14 minutes of Taxi & Sequel

( Playback on other websites has been disabled by the video owner. Watch on YouTube )
You brought back a fond memory of my first ever ‘concert’. It was in a field in a rural area near UMass Amherst. I must have been around 11 or 12. I think my sister still has the t shirt I got…if there’s anything left of it. After all of these years, this is still one of my staple music artists that I listen to frequently.

Back
Top Bottom