What are Some of Your Favorite Songs and Music Videos?

Great, varied music taste @Motherlode Chameleon ! I would be hard pressed to pick a favorite, but I like a variety of music genres with the exception of country, smooth jazz (ala Kenny G), and opera.

Some of my lifelong fav artists are Radiohead, U2, Portishead, Beth Orton, Rolling Stones, Nirvana, NIN. I’ve been really into Paul Simon’s solo stuff lately... and I recently discovered Billie Ellish (whose music I didnt think I’d like).

I like 90s era hip hop but not a big fan of the current hip hop artists. I like DMX, Nas, JayZ, Freeway, Fugees, Lauryn Hill, etc

Oldies??? Ha ha ha...

Its official, I’m old if those are oldies :ROFLMAO: ...

Oh... then folks here really don't want to know the kind of stuff I listen to. I didn't go through the entire 71 pages, but among the last few, the only names I even recognized were Fleetwood Mac and Billy Joel. I'm one of those fogies who think the day the music died was when Disco reared its foul countenance...

Lately however, I've been enjoying some of the coronavirus parodies on YT (at least those parodying songs I recognize). When it was announced that John Prine had passed from the virus, I spent about a week listening to his songs, along with those of Steve Goodman.

Here's one Prine & Goodman wrote together (song begins around 3:15)

Going back a few more years... Doc Watson & Chet Atkins

I guess we have a thing for novelty songs; they seem to be perennial crowd pleasers. ;)

This is more of a spin on “modern” funk... but Vulfpeck is a WONDERFUL band, and they have a lot of different albums and sounds to hear! I don’t have a favorite song OR album, which says a lot! I listen to a ton of music! These are the bois I recommend to anyone ?

Oh... then folks here really don't want to know the kind of stuff I listen to. I didn't go through the entire 71 pages, but among the last few, the only names I even recognized were Fleetwood Mac and Billy Joel. I'm one of those fogies who think the day the music died was when Disco reared its foul countenance...

Lately however, I've been enjoying some of the coronavirus parodies on YT (at least those parodying songs I recognize). When it was announced that John Prine had passed from the virus, I spent about a week listening to his songs, along with those of Steve Goodman.

Here's one Prine & Goodman wrote together (song begins around 3:15)

Going back a few more years... Doc Watson & Chet Atkins

I guess we have a thing for novelty songs; they seem to be perennial crowd pleasers. ;)

LOVE seeing Prine on this thread... RIP

I'm sure there's some reason for it happening. I just take the info from what people post and go to YouTube and look for the songs...just takes longer...and more patience! :)

This song accompanied the closing credits of the cult flick, "Slither" (James Gunn's directorial debut).
I suppose it could also express some peoples' feelings after weeks to months of coronavirus lockdown isolation... [LANGUAGE]

Back
Top Bottom