What’s wrong with her?

Trailgem

Avid Member
Colors are different. Me, as a newb, I want to say she has receptive colors, but they change from one minute to the next.

She’s climbing the top of the cage, which she has never done before.

Pictures are taken within one minute.

Attachments

• F57EC8D1-7D82-4E33-A0CF-35241820ADBF.jpeg
    F57EC8D1-7D82-4E33-A0CF-35241820ADBF.jpeg
    352 KB · Views: 77
  • 5816700D-DDD4-40EB-B362-CCA995720D48.jpeg
    5816700D-DDD4-40EB-B362-CCA995720D48.jpeg
    420.9 KB · Views: 96
What I notice is the overall hue shift also appears on the vines and surrounding leaves.
That’s an issue with the white balance on your phone depending on what type of lamp is hitting it.
Now as for the spots I also notice in that photo she’s looking directly at you. Maybe that’s a reaction to seeing you.

I don’t know about the colors of the light. I use Arcadia 12% with 6500 daylight in a double.

In the back I have a plant light and a basking light.

I just covered her cage with a black trash bag... but she usually knows when I come in and feed her (this was feeding time) at least that’s what I like to believe. Lol.

She is just acting very strange. I’m not so much concerned about her colors, I guess, but why is she climbing the top of the screen????

She is now receptive, she’s climbing because she’s looking for some booty. Perfectly normal.

Go triple check your temps at the closest point she can reach to the basking light. Make sure she won’t get burnt. Do not use a temp gun, place the probe end of your thermometer directly on the screen.
6D0CCEBD-C83E-4B8B-BE29-9F742C65CF74.jpeg
611B34C1-125B-4649-9A14-2A2BF8D8E0B6.jpeg

Oh thank god, I was worried. I’ll check temps. Need to buy a weaker basking light. I know mine is too hot, but my other done died on me yesterday (the lightbulb died, I mean)

Yeah, from my experience with my female veiled, she's receptive right now, better get a lay bin setup if you haven't already.

That’s awesome. I didn’t even know this exists. Lol

My cage is Bioactive, and I took the Laybin out because something did mention, that I can’t train a Cham like a cat... haha... i just added more dirt to top it off. She should be fine

How long will she ask to get some booty? A week? A month? She fell today while trying to hang off the misting nozzle. Thank god its soft dirt... I’m still worried.

Miss Grumpy was really restless for about 1 1/2 to 2 weeks, climbing her walls literally and looking to escape. I’m new to all of this but I believe that she was in her receptive phase then as she had her pretty colors on. Now she’s back to her normal...has a nice lay bin in her enclosure, but she’s not yet ready for it.

Ok again I’m with ya on the noob thing lol, and I know that gravid is yellow and blue spots on black but what are the typical receptive colors?

Ok again I’m with ya on the noob thing lol, and I know that gravid is yellow and blue spots on black but what are the typical receptive colors?
For my female veiled I had it was golden yellow and cyan markings while her main colour would be green.

Back
Top Bottom