We're all 'shed-ing' these days...

First work done on the inside, I think I made some good progress with the time I had.
Yesterday was completely wasted since they delivered only half my order so hopefully still enough time to finish the walls this week.

y4mqdT_prPJLEVTAhi1klOI7YxWRuztOlYNI2UwtwCabS7NzSwucBXfGVOHTs6mdx4bvkbQ7pi6hDqBw9_2BGHwpB6XLzHNbtyminlWGaqc53Y8r4hI1xneUIHbr1x5Oq1bAhHpJA6EzyRGhXpFxx1Qkv8GGJ6jEk7YYWIUsTCq70Wbi2EQS_7TsAnEDD1oX_2vO4dm42x5kQMsq4YfZcdjnA

Insulation is 50mm thick Styrofoam as planned only got 100-SE instead of 200 because that's what they had.
The OSB woodwork is 12mm thick and of class 3 which should make it suitable for humid environments. I will eventually put a layer of epoxy on it to further protect it against moisture.

Lots of work to do still.

Looking great, hard work and slow progress isn’t it, tough when you don’t get supplies delivered correctly, very annoying, still it’s will be brilliant when it’s set up with lots of plants too.
Lucky Wurma and it will be exciting to see it progress more.

Looking great, hard work and slow progress isn’t it, tough when you don’t get supplies delivered correctly, very annoying, still it’s will be brilliant when it’s set up with lots of plants too.
Lucky Wurma and it will be exciting to see it progress more.

Only need to do the front side of the shed with wood this weekend.
After that I will have to place glass and run electrics.

It seems I ordered quite a bunch more wood than I eventually need.... but that's good since I should have enough wood available for building the chameleon enclosure and also the big desert ackie enclosure (which I will double up on insulation).

The build continues this weekend... Hopefully I can run electrics since it will become way colder next week so I want to have some form of heating by then.

So... easter weekend... 4 days of work in the shed!

Day 1 : Insulation of the doors + preparations for setting the windows + start of the plumming.

Day 2 : placing the windows, got all but one done + finishing plumming.

Day 3 : last window + start of the chameleon enclosures + applying epoxy.

Day 4 (today), build the base of the chameleon enclosure + sealing the thing with rubber seal.

Comming days : place the frame for the glass, paint all wood, prepare bioactive soil, figure out misting setup and heat lamps.

y4mH5MaHCV7jIzEWXkvFNgng4mzcmKFjqCsS0PmVCnnzU8t2NFIgZx7dRsGZkRg6Deea8B4AgcuwHYCQAq8kF72gBj1ffBMsMYzVr48L4mWa_LyylosSmC3IfzdDDj91_t8EuK1od-XcvsP93piwNmOCob_Ug9LrfEur3Bb361RZOyMKvEYmiBaSnWV-9SN-e1sCiklOyTNWMDUIcF8mIgKFw

Going to use plant bags so decided to predrill the screws. Under the enclosure there's 40cm room for storage and a 65 liter water reservoir.

After placing the base and coating in rubber sealant things are starting to look like they are progressing.
y4mVoYyjGOaXYoKNUTrIzB1MuM3MZOFxmeUv5nYf-bOJM8A05-XzSVXLRIHPcQcxe0VYjNj8l0hI0HzK7iYCn8ialCPcEE_eiMgodSw9h0wbFGMVHwiZ7WvvqtX103aLQuq0WrxEDqJqK5hbv0gu4Rvj9iVTVn9h2PS2ENVrvSHeY4IA4ZQufvU9AbZ4pL4eGIWfHWqF8MjMuD7KmehbfM3EA

I will also place a sheet of pondfoil on the base, then a sheet of anti-root fabric... Hopefully these measures will make it waterresistant for many years to come.

1 chameleon will get the room with the view, I'm thinking it will be Wurma as near the window it will be a bit colder at night...
Wurma still not doing to well tho, his swelling is looking better but now he seems to have injured the cornea on the other eye so he's keeping that closed... I will take him to a different vet asap. I also gave his current enclosure a bit of an overhaul in case there was something bad in there.

Oh! Looking and sounding great! Really coming along now and super progress.
Very sorry to hear Wurma is still poorly, poor guy is really going through it isn’t he.
My xanth is the only one that has the viv with a view too!
Speedy recovery for Wurma and maybe a new vet.
Day 5 buy tegu?

Oh! Looking and sounding great! Really coming along now and super progress.
Very sorry to hear Wurma is still poorly, poor guy is really going through it isn’t he.
My xanth is the only one that has the viv with a view too!
Speedy recovery for Wurma and maybe a new vet.
Day 5 buy tegu?
I'm pretty happy with how it's coming along. There will be 80cm high glass sliding windows on the base and anything above that will remain open.

I also purchased a bathroom fan, I let the heating on last night to help the epoxy dry and there was consensation on the windows so that may mean I need more ventilation, I just bought the cheap lightswitch controlled one but I will probably hook it up to an arduino that will measure temp/humidity and switch it on/off with a relay.

I am really worried about my little guy... Hoped he would be good as new by now. I'll buy some waxworms soon as he likes those, to keep him eating. Calling vet tomorrow, I really need a proper vet to help him recover.
I wanna finish up the shed too, it will be great for temerature drops at night.

Ooooh yea Tegu (high white), I am 95% certain that it will be my next reptile, if I can only convince the wife to let me buy one now instead of having to wait until an enclosure becomes available...
I read people just let em roam the house, doubt the wife will approve of that but I will let him roam the shed and the backyard in summer and since they hybernate for up to 6months it's a fairly cheap reptile to have. :p

Sounds like you really are busy, looking good, but oh poor Wurma, I hope you can see the vet tomorrow or another one, I wonder if they could remove the eye?
I’m guessing it will be unlikely that your tegu will be walking around the house :D
I think it might be a shed only pet!
4ft of tegu might not be looked on with that much joy on the sofa! :ROFLMAO::LOL:
But those high white tegus are gorgeous!
Good luck with Wurma! Keep us posted!

Sounds like you really are busy, looking good, but oh poor Wurma, I hope you can see the vet tomorrow or another one, I wonder if they could remove the eye?
I’m guessing it will be unlikely that your tegu will be walking around the house :D
I think it might be a shed only pet!
4ft of tegu might not be looked on with that much joy on the sofa! :ROFLMAO::LOL:
But those high white tegus are gorgeous!
Good luck with Wurma! Keep us posted!
well I think the cornea of the left eye is damages as there's a spot on it that's not clear... I can imagine that hurts so he keeps it closed... The swollen eye does look better, but still has a way to go.
I really wonder how he managed to hurt both eyes, the enclosure has been pretty much the same for as long as he has it.

Today, placed the glass, then removed the glass to paint the whole thing.

I also had to seal some seams... Hopefully things are watertigt... 1 more bit of rubber sealant to go and a 2nd layer of paint and it's all set to be decorated and then it's time to move them chams over (provided Wurma is OK to move).

y4mNaeoCVm3A5S8VAhN46wZuI8Hy9Gqc0ApJaY5O0hqWytq0OiuHALpWKAwlm9sRBQeTJnlQrHc3MtzxpJwH4WRq9iwRuamViiTmCAD8nnWqKoRX8OH9n_WsVdkOU0LE2SXqWGsgUu2QzG8g8X7CV-zeye2TsbHOhi58-8Zugyk9YjUvb6HhyKESf6LKK2miR2-dRtSpDk66FSHUqmBLRtEjA

y4mwpudmEtWr2SGlVzDaKt5neD98KjlwAYPgoCoCaqDA8QNU_OqFnEZ-FuZghwhUZtTv_BUKxQLzJuHUusMSadsaV7yZeJwj0ZKypY65V1ErELwX8kkOGjJ9txGeRUdZL8hH3IKA73S2RaPNqrRgsAMqgIqp1oKLXYuwYX6MHQ72TfG67UZuPG-o-1sn5GTpfTrLjQvtuyFF0J3gJYL3-bd9g

Still waiting for some things to dry but I could already place some plants and put in the substrate.

The windows need cleaning, but that's what you get when you store em in the cellar for 6 years.

y4m79BzWJGSSyYscOwgOujXuDsu6S_hT4NpGGtvkoMNRpLCOWZQ3CsKfTzMZl9jD2mMtOeMXavqSSTvz6Dq4oxUCjxjm_BrBNO0c3VQovayxX5ueL_0k6uJ93nFvokvUi6QNXsISzaVucjycLdtQv-FWGWp16BxGRmNVdROEtc-3xNRt0TSyz4f7j394Book2a4osEz9D9NxPDD0nkfAzDRTw

More branches and plants will follow.

Whoa! CONGRATULATIONS Remko!
First plants in and you are nearly finished, all your hard work will pay off and you can enjoy your Chameleons and Tegu and no worry about escapee cockroaches in the house! YAY!!!

I worked every minute after work to get the chameleons to the shed...
Some things are a bit improvised but I managed to get em there!

Tomorrow before work Ill go out to the shed with my laptop to check if I connected everything to the correct power connection on my programmable powersocket but for now it's naptime for em.

y4mTJXN_VeiMFTNeLjjoCU5m7H8TJ20iITPFmCwmup-R2AlBdDXif2rzg4AryUa4ywZDFOtz4x3dJ6gBGsiw1sQ9BJR-Vs6AA4oXYuND4GPaLBhgvCDqLdaw0E796XgO4D5xG7SKWmvYxYEgjr58MvTpVyEbFd_7KFlDPhPdiLTt4NynV0fnx3QRRorcrUhC7lSJG4qxCzNxcUI6b7c5-L9lw

Obviously someone wanted to show me the downside of not using mesh... Adjustments were made... Hopefully I'll find him where I expect him tomorrow.
y4maBUExUjTs3lAC92ilz6TXLwu5-BeOV0rZgWxoLFhtqwccuqOALpQ22Zhq2ECAd1WlPqi4DzP5yRVbI6bURZhw_7uAWtrRZ5VAbQbE8gmWFVQb104MTY6H-wAekAVN3C9Xcw9fzzeByTxfAspothY8c4cULuSunrlEgQv5xJmbZQHDnQ6FFinCp_2SZsYBOOIycfrnikKVr_9v9oGz0RxPQ

Well so you should be, it’s a lot of work and it looks great, really nice sized enclosures for them too and all the things they need to keep them happy, let’s hope something makes Wurma turn around and start getting better. An excellent day!

I worked every minute after work to get the chameleons to the shed...
Some things are a bit improvised but I managed to get em there!

Tomorrow before work Ill go out to the shed with my laptop to check if I connected everything to the correct power connection on my programmable powersocket but for now it's naptime for em.

y4mTJXN_VeiMFTNeLjjoCU5m7H8TJ20iITPFmCwmup-R2AlBdDXif2rzg4AryUa4ywZDFOtz4x3dJ6gBGsiw1sQ9BJR-Vs6AA4oXYuND4GPaLBhgvCDqLdaw0E796XgO4D5xG7SKWmvYxYEgjr58MvTpVyEbFd_7KFlDPhPdiLTt4NynV0fnx3QRRorcrUhC7lSJG4qxCzNxcUI6b7c5-L9lw

Obviously someone wanted to show me the downside of not using mesh... Adjustments were made... Hopefully I'll find him where I expect him tomorrow.
y4maBUExUjTs3lAC92ilz6TXLwu5-BeOV0rZgWxoLFhtqwccuqOALpQ22Zhq2ECAd1WlPqi4DzP5yRVbI6bURZhw_7uAWtrRZ5VAbQbE8gmWFVQb104MTY6H-wAekAVN3C9Xcw9fzzeByTxfAspothY8c4cULuSunrlEgQv5xJmbZQHDnQ6FFinCp_2SZsYBOOIycfrnikKVr_9v9oGz0RxPQ
Hi Roby looking Handsome. Looks awesome now you can send it over here :D. Love the plant choices !.

So I had 2 hours left yesterday to work on the 2nd enclosure...

It's going to be aprox 2x1x1m with the rear half being am extra 35-40cm high so I can put in a nice and thick layer of soil where it can dig.
I'm considering on doing a styrofoam rock background but it will need a lot of epoxy to be strong enough for the beast that's it gonna house.

Right now I'm still going back and forth on the future inhabitant, Tegu (bw/blue) is on the list, savanna monitor is on the list too. I wan't a larger, more 'tamable' lizard.
I'll probably just build the enclosure and then decide what will go in there.

Not much to see yet.

y4mfxQvayBgM7JXeI4-a7BaDzAc-nXxXFUZeoFWPW8XKyEwF16P-Zgu69T5tEHd3_AZeFMz5letqSSjObNJjYB4Fcux3gVtPbKWH6qEPOJ982dY9QuvNHjukZUNBDZ5oIfp2tT2PZ2pJf8jCCOhyilnBxwLGz97aPTcLUw5vLPjYHhNt9GJxnd8vbxeu7P49NVyg8xESmiOGD3ZT0hFR-en-w

Back
Top Bottom