Corrugated Plastic

BleuSaphir

Avid Member
The placement of the enclosure of putting it on corner of my room isn’t working out. :ROFLMAO:

The enclosure fit perfectly though there. But to open the doors…no. It is difficult to open. With the desk still in the way. I realize I have to place the enclosure in another spot by rearranging my room. I have to put the big enclosure next to my bed. Remove the stand next to my bed. Planned the rack for Pygmy chameleon towards opposite of the veiled chameleon enclosure is facing (the rack was supposed to be next to my bed). The corner will be a corner bookshelf. It a shame I don’t have room for another big enclosure where I will place the placement of the big enclosure.

How does one put Corrugated plastic sheet into the enclosure? Zip ties? Glue?

I was still thinking of foaming the entire background too. With some build in pockets for Pothos to plant in.

Or do some spray foaming for only for certain spots to plant some Pothos. Maybe foam the branches vertically too. Or I could use aquarium epoxy to mold the vertical branches in place.

I wanted the dragon strand ledges. But adding the background would be hard for all 3 sides. I really want to cover the back panel and the side where I would sleep.

I attached my corrugated plastic with screws on the outside of my enclosure. Never thought about doing it on the inside

Seems to me a dab of hot glue here and there should hold the coroplast in the frame w/o making it impossible to remove in the future or maybe temp. glue dots. Just a couple of things that popped into my head.

I used silicone. Put a small bead all around the outside edges and placed it on the outside of the cage. That way my cam could still use the screen to climb etc. if you put the corrugated board on the inside, you can foam right to it. But I think I would put it on the outside, giving the foam something to grab onto.

I used Velcro strips and put the coroplast panels on the outside of the enclosure, I dont love it due to water droplets running down the pieces and then on to the surface it's sitting on, using the velcro also created small air gaps, that I sealed with but overall, if and when I do it over again, I'd put them on the inside if I was starting from a point I could start over with it. The idea was velcro would be great if I needed to adjust in the summer for example but the tighter sealing methods above would work best from my experience

If your putting corrugated plastic on the inside you can cut it to fit snug against the panel then you would not need it to attach. This will prevent screen climbing on that panel as well vs attaching to the outside.

If you are going to foam you want to attach plastic egg crate to the panel. This gives the foam something to fully attach to.

If your putting corrugated plastic on the inside you can cut it to fit snug against the panel then you would not need it to attach. This will prevent screen climbing on that panel as well vs attaching to the outside.

If you are going to foam you want to attach plastic egg crate to the panel. This gives the foam something to fully attach to.
Cool! I been using the search history. But many question left me unsure to ask.

I was thinking using full round cork park to attack to the panel to have Pothos planted in cork bark opening.

Cool! I been using the search history. But many question left me unsure to ask.

I was thinking using full round cork park to attack to the panel to have Pothos planted in cork bark opening.
Yep I have seen people use cork rounds within their foam structure to use as planters for lighter weight plants.

Seems to me a dab of hot glue here and there should hold the coroplast in the frame w/o making it impossible to remove in the future or maybe temp. glue dots. Just a couple of things that popped into my head.
I just started using hot glue on coroplast boards and love it! Doesn’t move unless you want it to and it comes off clean.

Yeah I tried this... it will not hold up to the humidity. It eventually pulls away just so you know.
I am using the Gorilla glue brand. I actually used it to attach Christmas
lights to my brick home so if it can’t hold a plastic sheet to plastic I’ll be shocked.

Back
Top Bottom