Well, we have a problem

Sorry for the late reply! Had work last night :)

View attachment 333223
View attachment 333224
View attachment 333225
View attachment 333226View attachment 333227

I want her to live an amazing long life to! I hope she never has eggs and want to do what’s best for her. Every time I see a hint of blue I just think, hey no put those colors away XD
I tried to contact the vet as well to get just abit more info from their side and they just sent me to this….https://broomfieldvet.com/lizards/
My other doubt was that they did mistake her for a he at the beginning but I’m not sure if that was a slip up or they actually though Nachito was a boy.
My mom was skeptical, because like, the vets the vet, they know what their doing. But I’m like, hey mom there also is this amazing forum with experienced people and a few vets here and there that is solely based on chameleons and I know they are not vets but they have knowledge on many individual species and how to cage for each gender. And it’s not cluttered with info on how to care for other reptiles and bunnies and stuff.
Ok so my opinion she looks great weight wise... Muscular and fat pad at the base of her casque. Personally if she were mine I would stick to the female diet.

Has she laid a clutch yet?

And how old are we guessing she is now?

I have a friend that does the reduced diet with her females. They either do not lay at all or lay only a small clutch once a year. Makes for longer healthier lives for them.
Over a year. Like 14 months old. It was guessed 6 months when first estimated with a possible hatch date in September/October of 2021

She looks pretty good to me. Vets are only human, sometimes they make mistakes, or issues might be outside of their expertise or experience. Just like human doctors, sometimes you might want a second opinion, and there's nothing wrong with that ... or even a third opinion if you are still on the fence!

She looks pretty good to me. Vets are only human, sometimes they make mistakes, or issues might be outside of their expertise or experience. Just like human doctors, sometimes you might want a second opinion, and there's nothing wrong with that ... or even a third opinion if you are still on the fence!
That would be my opinion as well. Lately, I went with my brothers Cham to the best vet in our region and yet I’ve guided her towards the chameleon academy and towards here. They know their thing about the medical part, but sometimes husbandry is not their thing our they got outdated info.
I want her to live an amazing long life to! I hope she never has eggs and want to do what’s best for her. Every time I see a hint of blue I just think, hey no put those colors away XD
I tried to contact the vet as well to get just abit more info from their side and they just sent me to this….https://broomfieldvet.com/lizards/
My other doubt was that they did mistake her for a he at the beginning but I’m not sure if that was a slip up or they actually though Nachito was a boy.
My mom was skeptical, because like, the vets the vet, they know what their doing. But I’m like, hey mom there also is this amazing forum with experienced people and a few vets here and there that is solely based on chameleons and I know they are not vets but they have knowledge on many individual species and how to cage for each gender. And it’s not cluttered with info on how to care for other reptiles and bunnies and stuff.
She already lives that amazing live with you and it will probably be long as well. IMHO she looks great and my Bella doesn’t look any bigger. And yet she lays every 4 months a normal clutch of 20 eggs, feeding her more would only increase the number. Looking at Nachito, it won’t harm her to give her once our twice per week a treat (wouldn’t benefit either) and that’s just to work on your interaction with her. Love it to give them a feeder, when they seek interaction.

Depends on age, build, etc. I havent written down Clarice’s weight recently, but she was around 106g at around 15 months old. I’ll try to weigh her tomorrow, she is a hair over 4 years old now…. And still a grouch.
Hmmmmm, so I got word from the vet and Nachito is 180g. I’m 99% sure they mistook her for a male as is is most definitely not under the 150g they recommended for a female veiled…

Hmmmmm, so I got word from the vet and Nachito is 180g. I’m 99% sure they mistook her for a male as is is most definitely not under the 150g they recommended for a female veiled…
Are you sure that you heard them correctly and they didn’t say 80 Gm? My little porker Hammlet is 178-180 Gm. My girls when not gravid are around the high 80’s and right before laying eggs are somewhere between 105-110 Gm.

Are you sure that you heard them correctly and they didn’t say 80 Gm? My little porker Hammlet is 178-180 Gm. My girls when not gravid are around the high 80’s and right before laying eggs are somewhere between 105-110 Gm.
They email me it, I’m not sure if it’s messed up or not 🤷‍♀️. I plan on weighting her myself tomorrow

“Typical female adult veiled chameleon weight should be around around 150g. Nachito's weight was 180g when she was in on 12/28.”

They email me it, I’m not sure if it’s messed up or not 🤷‍♀️. I plan on weighting her myself tomorrow

“Typical female adult veiled chameleon weight should be around around 150g. Nachito's weight was 180g when she was in on 12/28.”
I think they messed up love.... Beman is 159 right now and a bit on the chunk train... He is heavy for a male of his total length (15 inches)

Giving her meds is supper scary.
Called the vet cause we where doing something wrong :(
Discounting the weight they confirmed that Nachito last time they saw her was a body condition.

I now know I could never be a vet if I wanted to 😅

Last edited:
Which meds?

One thing I am concerned about is that the weight is wrong... But med doses are based on weight typically.
It’s a shot they gave it to her when we first got her back and told us to administer it to her every 3 days. Turns out it’s more stressful then I expected
The medication is Ceftazidime injections
0.3 ml injections

Back
Top Bottom