Well, we have a problem

@kinyonga
Here’s a few update photos on her swelling
2AB0E037-ADC4-4B46-AAFF-45F651834D58.jpeg
775533C8-33B3-4F84-AB55-EDF9706EF7CD.jpeg
39E53A14-69D1-4CAF-B3F2-19EC1D01B423.jpeg

Nachito is starting to shed more and her abscess bump is growing smaller, but I have another question for all of you. Does her eye look normal?
7B0C7DA6-62BA-44C5-B75D-ECCD4321DA7E.jpeg

Glad to hear the abcess seems to be going down. I can't tell if her eye looks a little sunken in or not. Can you get a picture from a different angle?

She looks OK to me! Her urates are white? Sometimes when they are stressed they'll pull their eyes in. My boy does it when I'm near with my phone. That's great about her abscess!

She looks OK to me! Her urates are white? Sometimes when they are stressed they'll pull their eyes in. My boy does it when I'm near with my phone. That's great about her abscess!
Keep an eye on the swelling on her jaw and if it starts to increase get her to the vet right away. The normal bacteria in those things is pseudomonas aeruginosa and it’s a tough one to get rid of. It’s opportunistic.

She’s looking good though!
Yep urates are nice and white!

I’m keeping a close eye on the abscess, I pretty sure it’s going away, it looks smaller then the photos of it from her last checkup. It’s not really protruding from her jaw anymore

It must have been the angle and she could have been just a tiny stressed/annoyed with the phone being close to her. I’m glad you guys think her eyes look good.

Nachito looks great! The eye looks ok to me she maybe a bit dehydrTed from the molt but nothing to worry about. Her jaw looks real good. Remember chams heal real slow when it comes to tissue. When there is a tissue infection the body sends everything its got not to fight it, but to capture it. Build a housing for it to keep the infection from spreading and poisioning the blood, sepsis, whuch is lethal. antibiotics get rid of the infection but not the housing that the body built to protect itself. Once the infection is gone and the swelling is gone the hole that was made by the infection shrinks. Once it is shrunk and absorbed any dead skin cells, the body most likely will breakdown the housing and absorb it. Its the last thing to go because it is the first thing thats needed if the infection were to return. All bodys are really little miracles. She is such a cute little girl and you are such a good parent! Thank you for sharing your journey with us!

Back
Top Bottom