Well That Freakin' Figures!

SoCaliSon

Avid Member
I just spent a good amount of time and money over the last several weeks preparing my large outdoor habitat in the Backyard, I bought a 6'x6'x12' chain link walk in cage that I was filling up with other cages and keeping chams in the natural sunlight... and It was coming along quite nicely.

Julia and I rent from a long time friend of ours who lives in the house with us... and the other day he came into our room obviously distrought and said... "don't freak out if anything turns off... I haven't paid the bills." I scratched my head wondering where all the money we give him every month goes... And I asked "Why haven't you paid the bills?" He said... "Because I haven't paid the mortgage..." :confused::mad::confused::mad::confused::mad:
(he has like 4 loans on this house)

Noticing how unstable the situation was, we started looking for other places to move imediately... Last thing I need is the electricity to go off on all my animals. Looking at the list of my Family below I'm sure you can imagine how tough it is for us to have to find a new place to rent. Well we found a condo with a couple that Julia works with... And the pets are not an issue... As a matter of fact I get to have an entire room dedicated as an Office/Herping room right next to our bedroom.

So now instead of purchasing stuff for a nice outdoor setup... I have to switch to indoor. Which is going to mean I am going to splurge and buy or build a friggin awesome misting system... Either that or hire Summoner to drive out and make me one like his...:D I was just going to do a timed patio mitser for my outdoor but I don't think that will work inside... I want to get something that has the ability to mist several cages at different schedules... I'm not sure if there is anything that can do that? I would love to see pics of anyones Herp Rooms they may have setup in their home... I can't wait to move and get going on this.

DOH! thats a bummer man, sorry to hear that. I guess you can look at the positive and found out ahead of time, instead of 0 power all of a sudden.

Regardless, what a buzz kill. There are some pretty awesome indoor setups as well - check out the "post your enclosure" threads here, some nice rigs people sportin.

That sucks, man!

Explain "different cages at different schedules". If you want some of them to not mist at certain times, there are ways to do that. You could use timed shutoff valves or two pumps running from the same reservoir.

Vegas Chad's setup covers different species of chams, although he does have another system now. I think the second one was just for convenience.

I keep Panthers, Veileds, and Jacksons... I want 1 system that be programmed to 3 different schedules. Chad's setup is plush!... maybe I'll hit him up for some tips. Thanks!

it will work inside too

i forgot who but i think it was dave weldon?

uses his plumbing for indoor misting

you just have to find a good spot you are not using or a sink that you can build a garden hose adapter too

then it just becomes a matter of catching the water, i'm still buying the herpmist system its awesome

inline shutoff

Laser Gecko,

where do you get shutoff valves for lines that can be put on a timer to turn off for some misting only for a few cages?

I was looking for a more elegant solution awhile back; it's just on the back burner right now. The only problem is the holding pressure of the affordable valves that I found. They're rated for normal household pressures, not the 100+ psi of a pump. (Of course, they can always be turned down, too but still...)

If you have a water line, you can use a lawn sprinkler setup indoors, but that's a bit of a kludged together solution. I'm trying to find something that works well and doesn't cost an arm and a leg. (Perhaps I'm still too close to being a consumer and not wanting to pay through the nose for everything.)

Laser gecko is right. You can get on toro.com they have all the sprinkler stuff you need. They have solenoid valves that run off 24 volts but you will need a controller to tell which valve to run at cetain times. I could sit here and write a detailed description of what you will need and what to do but I have to get to band practice and it would be a long description. If you are interested I can do this for you later. I can post it in this so if anyone else is interested they can read or I can pm it to you. Just let me know. Oh I install inground sprinklers for a living. I am a foreman for one of the biggest companys in maryland and have been doing it for 5 years so.

Damn, yea that really sucks! shoot me a mail if you have one questions about indoor mist'n. Also, I sent you a mail the other day answering ur mail... You get it?

What a bummer. Just when u think things are going right. Surprise! Well at least he told u before it happened. Good luck with your new system.

Debby

Back
Top Bottom