Well balanced meals!

My poor starving ladies each got 5 sm to med discoids today and Grumpy tried to take a chunk out of my hand when I moved it so she wouldn’t shoot my fingers. Hammlet got uncounted small discoids and a few crickets. Then he spent some of the day sitting in front of his feeder waiting for more bugs to magically appear.

So, when my cham eats roaches. Sometimes half their guts shoot out while he's chewing... does anyone else feel so disappointed when this happens. Like dude you're missing out on all those good nutrients right there.

Today was a pretty large female hisser so far. I'll probably offer him something small a little later.

Attachments

• 20200712_121521.jpg
    20200712_121521.jpg
    251.3 KB · Views: 89
So, when my cham eats roaches. Sometimes half their guts shoot out while he's chewing... does anyone else feel so disappointed when this happens. Like dude you're missing out on all those good nutrients right there.

Today was a pretty large female hisser so far. I'll probably offer him something small a little later.
No, I don't feed them that big because they give me nightmares... But I am particularly offended when he tries to share his hornworm with me by biting it and squirting it across my face.

No, I don't feed them that big because they give me nightmares... But I am particularly offended when he tries to share his hornworm with me by biting it and squirting it across my face.

Hahaha oh yeah I've seen that, silk moths I think I remember blow up everywhere too.

I usually feed him smaller feeders, but occasionally I switch it up with a large hisser or something. Doesnt seem to struggle with them, but I hate when he misses the guts!

Hahaha oh yeah I've seen that, silk moths I think I remember blow up everywhere too.

I usually feed him smaller feeders, but occasionally I switch it up with a large hisser or something. Doesnt seem to struggle with them, but I hate when he misses the guts!
Yeah I see your point... All our effort to gutload and the load ends up on the ground. :rolleyes: If they only knew what all we do for them :hilarious:

Today my boy got two orange head roaches, a black soldier fly, a giant canyon isopod, and a stick insect. I love how easy he is to feed as an adult now, he wouldn’t eat his roaches as a juvenile but now they are staple and he loves them. Food doesn’t last long in his enclosure.

Back
Top Bottom