Well balanced meals!

jamest0o0

Chameleon Enthusiast
Thought I'd post a meal picture, for my cham. Feel free to share yours.

In the cup:
Adult female dubia
5 Red runners
Giant canyon isopod
Snail

He ate all of this within a few minutes. Held up the cup to him, he first took the female dubia, then the snail(was still in its shell not even moving lol), then isopod, finally all 4 runners

Attachments

• 20200711_124526.jpg
    20200711_124526.jpg
    168.6 KB · Views: 139
  • 20200711_124512.jpg
    20200711_124512.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 139
  • 20200711_124323.jpg
    20200711_124323.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 128
Nice...My Cham always went crazy for those red runners lol! I can’t wait to get my little guys started on roaches!

No name is looking great!! He’s so beautiful/handsome ?
Thank you! Yes he loves red runners, they've been his staple for a little while now. Although in this heat, he eats pretty much any living thing that crosses his path. Tried to even shoot my finger.

Red runners are great unless they escape and your trying to catch them. Damn those things are quick?

Haha I know! They even jump. Gotta be careful with those guys

Man, that kid can eat! Jumping roaches would result in me throwing the cup and ending up with free range jumping roaches!

Tomorrow’s menu at my house is silkworms, a large grasshopper, bsfl, and a superworm. They all have baby mantids and flies loose in their cage right now.

How about when you stick your hand near them theyll all run up your arm so fast it's hard to get them off :eek:

I need to order some hornworms, bottleflies, bsfl, etc. Been a while since I offered anything outside of roaches with the occasional snail/isopod/superworm. He does get wild insects all day outside though.

Regarding red runners, their one saving grace is that they can't climb and they need moisture for their ooths to hatch. they aren't afraid to cross vaseline barriers unlike many other roaches. If they could climb they'd be hell to deal with. I've had similar species that could climb and I ended up getting rid of them. Just too much to deal with.

I need to order some hornworms, bottleflies, bsfl, etc. Been a while since I offered anything outside of roaches with the occasional snail/isopod/superworm. He does get wild insects all day outside though.
Where is a good place to order bottleflies? Want to get some for the mantids but it is so hot right now I'm hesitant to order.
It's a new one on me.

Back
Top Bottom