Weird "wart growth" on head

Sr5Reef

I had another thread, but i feel this section will possibly get me a more solid answer. My Male panther has a weird knot on the top of his head. I wanted to know if anyone has dealt with this, is it life threatening, and what does it mean?

Here are two pictures i was able to upload of my Cham.
1 year old Nosy Be
https://www.chameleonforums.com/gallery/browseimages.php?c=3&userid=11469

and here is my thread that gives you some idea of his setup etc.

https://www.chameleonforums.com/hello-new-panther-owner-here-59890/

Thank you for any imput and help!!

Your picture won't load I get a "page not found" error.

EDIT: Nevermind, my computer is being a dork.

Is it hard or soft to the touch? I almost looks like a calcium deposit...

yeah seems like calcium. if im not mistaken those are benign and can be removed. ive heard of problems from getting them removed because of infection. looks weird tho haha.

How long did that take to develop? Is it soft, hard, hollow? It looks like some shed just stuck to his back. If that is hard and solid I have never seen anything quite like that.

I have only had him for approx 1 week. My friend gave me this and i thought it looked abnormal. Ill ask him how long it has been there, I also have not touched it yet, i thought it would hurt him maybe. Ill check it out tonight. Its hard to get a close up picture of it, but it seriously looks like a large wart. Ill get back to you guys, thanks

-Austin

Okay so the lump is hard, and he has had it since he was a juvenile. This Nosy be is a Kammer bred panther and my friend said he has had it since he received it but it has grown bigger.

He acts very normal, drinks, walks up to the screen and lets me mist him and drink from the screen, eats from my hand and hunts all over his cage, sleeps all night. I dont see anything wrong with him besides the lump which im trying to get ideas of what it may be.

Thank you

Howdy Austin,

As Kinyonga said, it is probably benign. If he was in my care, I'd take him to Dr. Tom Greek in Yorba Linda and find out what treatment is needed. Even though it is likely to not be cancerous, it still has the possibility of becoming a medical emergency.

Greek & Associates Veterinary Hospital
23687 Via Del Rio
Yorba Linda, California 92887
714-463-1190 or 866-940-7028

Back
Top Bottom