Weird sac around eyes

Keep a close watch on the condition of her eyes. As others have mentioned, one eye, could be just a blockage, both eyes is likely an infection. Your vet may be right, and it's only a blockage in the sinus, or it could be the start of a upper respiratory infection. Is there thick mucus in the mouth? If an eye shuts, you need to go back to the vet and possibly get a sensitivity test done and get it on antibiotics before it becomes advanced.

Leland

Keep a close watch on the condition of her eyes. As others have mentioned, one eye, could be just a blockage, both eyes is likely an infection. Your vet may be right, and it's only a blockage in the sinus, or it could be the start of a upper respiratory infection. Is there thick mucus in the mouth? If an eye shuts, you need to go back to the vet and possibly get a sensitivity test done and get it on antibiotics before it becomes advanced.

Leland

Thanks, I have been keeping an eye on her mouth and all appears good so far, no mucus which is a good thing. I'll be keeping a close watch on her eyes for signs of her closing them but so far she always keeps them open. I will hopefully know more after her follow up vet appointment this Wednesday.

https://www.chameleonforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=89429&stc=1&d=1385408622
So here is a pic if Carmie's eye today(they both look the same) The drops and showers don't seem to be doing anything, hopefully the vet comes up with a solution, she goes back in two days. I gave her a big juicy hornworm but she cannot currently look forward to eat it, she knows it is there and I can tell that she wants it because she keeps attempting to get it but backs off at the last second (cause she loses sight of it) I feel so bad for her.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom