Weird flourescent fixture problem

SuperRad

Any electricians, or people who've used flourescent fixtures from a hardware store?

I bought a 3 foot flourescent light fixture from lowes. i built it, according to the instructions, as the wires were already connected to the connectors on each end. There's a black and white wire in there, and according to the Ballast, it says that the white and black should be connected to a power cable. I cut a new extension cord, and attached the bigger prong wire to the black wire from the ballast. i attached the white wire to the smaller prong on the extension cord. They are properly connected as i used those wire twist connector things.

I powered on the light and it does not turn on. if i spin the flourescent bulb it will turn on, and then if i unplug it, and plug it back in, with the light in the same position, it won't turn on untill i spin the tube again.

I dont know what can be causing the problem, would anyone know?

Without actually seeing it.. it would be hard for me to help much. Sounds like it might be the unit itself. I would take the whole thing back and buy one with a prewired power cord... They are about 6-8 bucks and have the power already installed, just plug it in.

I just bought a 4 foot fixture, and 2 6500k bulbs from Home Depot for around 25 dollars. It's a shop light. Works perfect! :)

Edit: It's for my paludarium, dont worry. No chameleons in there.

Back
Top Bottom