Weird chameleon behavior

Last night as I was doing my nightly misting when the lights were off. My chameleon was drinking water with his eyes closed while sleeping. I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this before. It seems pretty odd
3703DD78-7FA6-4275-9316-ED0C294C5517.jpeg

I may be wrong but it looks like his eye is open just turned upward this may be because they are not getting enough water during the day what is your misting schedule?

I thought that his eye was opened too but in fact it was closed. I think he’s getting enough water in the day but you never know with chameleons. 😬 My misting schedule is morning 5-6 minutes, mid-day hydration session where I mist his mouth he’ll usually drink for 5-10 minutes when I do that or I’ll put on a dripper. And when the lights are off in the middle of the night a 7-9 min misting session hand misted each time

Maybe but I usually hand mist him in the face and he’ll drink for 5-10 minutes out in the open so I don’t think he’s a very shy drinker. But I almost never see him drink from the leaves.

I have seem them do that. My veiled does it. Think about it. In nature in the middle of the night when the leaves are all Dewey especially in the dry season that's when they get their hydration. At least that's what I've been inclined to believe. Just some food for thought

Maybe but I usually hand mist him in the face
If someone misted me in the face I'd probably guard my eyes when they came around too.

Two better methods:
  1. Mist upward and allow the mist to fall on them indirectly and naturally—like rain.

2. Let them walk into a misting situation of their own volition. This should be done with a stationary mist nozzle.

Back
Top Bottom