Weird bugs in crickets dirt.

Joseph 1233

Anyone know what this is the little worm looking things almost look like a meal worm but really small

Attachments

• 20170207_005038.jpg
    20170207_005038.jpg
    177.5 KB · Views: 129
  • 20170207_005043.jpg
    20170207_005043.jpg
    177.1 KB · Views: 142
I don't see any meal worm things o_O if they aren't cleaner insects then I might lean towards a random millipede depending on where you keep you crickets. I have a couple small flat millipedes who decided they like my green banana roach enclosure and have set up shop in there. I like them, they are beneficial and adorable.

If you look at one picture then the other you can notice as it moves from infront to just under cricket they are super small and clear

I use organic dirt but had a little sand from outside in one container but the sand was frozen as im in canada ...but i guess some type of bug could have survived it i only noticed them in one container ive already bred some pinheads this was my second batch but noticed atleast a 100 of these instead this time

It could be something from the organic dirt too. One thing about organic dirt is though some places sterilize it, some don't or don't do a well enough job. I am not sure if the sand could have carried something in or not *frowns* You will most likely want to take it out of your cricket container and I honestly would put it somewhere safe (Where it can't infect other things just in case they turn out to be bad) but I also would let them finish growing and see if we can actually identify them. So if this happens again maybe we won't have to worry as much, if they aren't harmful.

It could be something from the organic dirt too. One thing about organic dirt is though some places sterilize it, some don't or don't do a well enough job. I am not sure if the sand could have carried something in or not *frowns* You will most likely want to take it out of your cricket container and I honestly would put it somewhere safe (Where it can't infect other things just in case they turn out to be bad) but I also would let them finish growing and see if we can actually identify them. So if this happens again maybe we won't have to worry as much, if they aren't

Attachments

• 20170207_005043.jpg
    20170207_005043.jpg
    224.4 KB · Views: 128
Maybe gnat larva? I have the same problem and I cover my container till pinheads are all over and when I open it up a few gnats fly out so I assume its gnats but not really sure they don't seem to do any harm tho

If you look at one picture then the other you can notice as it moves from infront to just under cricket they are super small and clear

Seriously, how the heck do you expect anyone to identify that bug from a blurry picture. I see a blur. I can't tell if it is a worm with no legs, a millipede or one of the cleaner bug larvae. Please, if you want something identified, post an picture that is clear, in focus and large enough to actually see. :)

I actually have something similar in my roach bins i was about to post about. I think they came in on cleaner beetles i got with them. I was cleaning my roach bin and noticed superrr tiny things crawling over a piece of carrot. They seem to just go for the food that is leftover and i haven't noticed any problems from them so far.

I think they killed the cricket in the picture as i have seen them go up to it and it twitches but wont move now its dead they do have legs forsure hard to see how many.

Maybe gnat larva? I have the same problem and I cover my container till pinheads are all over and when I open it up a few gnats fly out so I assume its gnats but not really sure they don't seem to do any harm tho
Im thinking that too but they seem so fast and long its hard to imagine it turning into a gnat

Back
Top Bottom