WC chameleon

Reptar313

Established Member
So I have someone that brought a plant home from Florida and with it came two chameleons unknown species have yet to see a good picture. One died but they have another one and not sure what to do with it. Any advice I can’t really take it in right now and don’t really want to risk it with a WC. I’m in Michigan if anyone can help or has any advice to what she can do with it before this one dies too

MissSkittles lives in Florida, she maybe able to help. With out pics its going to be hard to give any advice other than call florida fish and game.

Omg just reread your post. Do you mean brought it home to michigan? Is it a baby? Maybe eggs are in the soil. Wc like to lay eggs in root systems of plants.

You could look for a rescue near you and turn it in to them. If there are eggs in the pot, there might be more in there that will soon come out.

In the meantime, the chameleon needs to be set up so it can survive. Do you have a Tupperware type container that you could set up like a temporary cage? The chameleon will need some uvb light during the day (sunshine if it’s warm enough where you live) and since we can only guess at the temperature until we know what species it is, I would set it up so the cage is about 72F. The cage can be misted with a fine mist to provide water until we see what you have and fed crickets that are no bigger than the width between the chameleons eyes. The cage should have some branches for it to walk on and a plant if possible.

This is the best I can do until you post a photo of the chameleon on something so that we can see it’s size.

Anyone else want to chime in?

it’s in Michigan. She brought it back in the plant accidentally. From the picture I seen looks like a chameleon not anole. They don’t want to keep just don’t want it to die. I’m homing I can find someone to take it.

Omg just reread your post. Do you mean brought it home to michigan? Is it a baby? Maybe eggs are in the soil. Wc like to lay eggs in root systems of plants.
Yes it was brought all the way back to Michigan. From the pic looks to be bigger than a baby.

looking for advice on what to do with it or if someone wants it…
A photo would help.
I don‘t know if anyone will want to take is without seeing it.

I already suggested a rescue.

Also, as I said …it still needs to be in a setup so it can survive until something can be figured out. Its not very fair to just leave it to die by not keeping it properly for now.

I’m not sure what a photo would do unless wanting said animal.. but I’ve lost contact with this person so no longer a concern my guess it died like the other one. Someone called me off my google page asking for help. I was looking on advice on what to do with the animal as I never had experience with a WC guess I should have been more clear I know it needed to be in a setup and given food. I tried to help it.

That's okay. There are many reasons for a photo.
1. What kind of chameleon it is and if someone had personal experience with the species.
2. The condition of the baby chameleon. IF you look at some posts the owners think their chameleon is healthy or looks good. Many are not and we a community can help. Some of us have been doing this for over 40 years so generalization doesn't work well and we try to help.
3. We can assist in all kinds of stuff when there is a picture. You know the saying "A picture is worth a thousand words". We just want to help.

You did say " From the picture I seen looks like a chameleon not anole. They don’t want to keep just don’t want it to die. I’m homing I can find someone to take it."
So, we just wanted to see what you had seen. Simple (y)
Thanks for understanding.

Last edited:
That’s the photo.. days have passed and still no one could answer a simple question without a photo.. it’s okay
72C7A726-3432-4502-BC8D-5EE78D305637.jpeg

All those questions your pointing out I already know I’m not new to this.. I was liking for advice with a WC animal that accidentally got brought here. as I never have had experience with that.. maybe I worded it wrong. Taking it to the vet get it proper care finding a rescue etc. would have been good answers not trying to be rude but a lot of time was wasted with people asking for a photo…

All those questions your pointing out I already know I’m not new to this.. I was liking for advice with a WC animal that accidentally got brought here. as I never have had experience with that.. maybe I worded it wrong. Taking it to the vet get it proper care finding a rescue etc. would have been good answers not trying to be rude but a lot of time was wasted with people asking for a photo…
Totally get where you’re coming from. Wild caught is not much different than captive bred as far as parameters . But without knowing what kind of animal it was. It’s pretty hard to give you parameters. That’s why the picture was so important. Even with that picture being so vague to far away and out of focus My first thought it was some kind of anole it’s very hard to see his feet and body shape . But as a focused harder, I’ve come to the conclusion that it’s a veiled. Posting a picture with your first comment would’ve helped immensely I don’t feel a moment was wasted, asking for a picture. But thanks for trying to help this person . That alone is to be commended. 😊

I did suggest a rescue…twice…
quoting what I said…”You could look for a rescue near you and turn it in to them. If there are eggs in the pot, there might be more in there that will soon come out.”
“I already suggested a rescue.”
Without knowing where in Michigan you were, I couldn’t give you a rescue close to you. I also couldn’t find a person to take it without knowing where you live in Michigan or seeing what species it was….from the photo.
Sorry that wasn’t information you were looking for.

We are just trying to help.
AND I would have said it was possibly a anole not a chameleon, because of the white stripe down the back (female anole)- the extended tail and the knees seemed to be bowed opposite from chameleons. That is my guess. I would have been wrong. (y)
Note: I have 30 hatchling veils and would never guessed. I also have some anoles and swifts that I feed daily in the yard. I still would have been wrong.
Just a learning lesson.
If it was a baby Parsons, I would have paid shipping and a finders fee. :cool:

Attachments

• PXL_20230430_171636773.jpg
    PXL_20230430_171636773.jpg
    169.4 KB · Views: 41
  • PXL_20220429_210920250.jpg
    PXL_20220429_210920250.jpg
    299.4 KB · Views: 49
  • 1682953077089.png
    1682953077089.png
    236.8 KB · Views: 51
Exactly why I didn’t post the picture. A lot of info I didn’t need. It’s not a anole look at the feet.
I did suggest a rescue…twice…
quoting what I said…”You could look for a rescue near you and turn it in to them. If there are eggs in the pot, there might be more in there that will soon come out.”
“I already suggested a rescue.”
Without knowing where in Michigan you were, I couldn’t give you a rescue close to you. I also couldn’t find a person to take it without knowing where you live in Michigan or seeing what species it was….from the photo.
Sorry that wasn’t information you were looking for.
You did i sorry those comments wernt towards you. I was looking for rescues near me. I was even going to take it in. Just know WC can come with a heavy parasite load.

Totally get where you’re coming from. Wild caught is not much different than captive bred as far as parameters . But without knowing what kind of animal it was. It’s pretty hard to give you parameters. That’s why the picture was so important. Even with that picture being so vague to far away and out of focus My first thought it was some kind of anole it’s very hard to see his feet and body shape . But as a focused harder, I’ve come to the conclusion that it’s a veiled. Posting a picture with your first comment would’ve helped immensely I don’t feel a moment was wasted, asking for a picture. But thanks for trying to help this person . That alone is to be commended. 😊
Just hope it didn’t die like the other one.

Back
Top Bottom