WC chameleon

Yeah---- maybe I need new glasses or something. Still see anole.. Back legs, long face but don't even see the feed.
I am okay being wrong. (y)
Just glad someone else took control of the situation.

I do have a little OCD when it comes to solving problems and issues (in my defense).
Thanks for understanding.

Yeah---- maybe I need new glasses or something. Still see anole.. Back legs, long face but don't even see the feed.
I am okay being wrong. (y)
Just glad someone else took control of the situation.

I do have a little OCD when it comes to solving problems and issues (in my defense).
Thanks for understanding.
I would think anole too but I was told the feet are like claws. Wish I could have seen in person and helped this animal out. I edited the picture a bit. I see a chameleon.

Attachments

• EE979242-63FE-4D82-9546-8F905D690F73.jpeg
    EE979242-63FE-4D82-9546-8F905D690F73.jpeg
    181.2 KB · Views: 40
No biggie-
We live in CA and every time the news reports an alligator found in the park.
I find it interesting, since it is usually a Savhanna Monitor and that looks nothing like an alligator.
So, I tend to question things. No biggie.

Yes, I call the New Station and they have corrected their original story. (y) :ROFLMAO: Darn OCD

No biggie-
We live in CA and every time the news reports an alligator found in the park.
I find it interesting, since it is usually a Savhanna Monitor and that looks nothing like an alligator.
So, I tend to question things. No biggie.

Yes, I call the New Station and they have corrected their original story. (y) :ROFLMAO: Darn OCD
I don’t know what you mean?😂😂

Attachments

• 0730A406-E582-45B2-AE32-B93F97C40070.jpeg
    0730A406-E582-45B2-AE32-B93F97C40070.jpeg
    115.7 KB · Views: 41
Nice Shavanna monitor. :ROFLMAO: (y) Just kidding! Had a few friends that owned them as pets and WAY smarter than we think and very trainable.
Nice pic!

AND I would have said it was possibly a anole not a chameleon, because of the white stripe down the back (female anole)- the extended tail and the knees seemed to be bowed opposite from chameleons. That is my guess. I would have been wrong.
I dunno if you’re wrong. I think it looks like an anole too.

Reptar313 :ROFLMAO: (y)
I changed my mind.. Anole--- Thanks for the better picture. (y)
Nostrils and eyes are off. And there have been brown anoles found in Michigan (invasive).
Then the right rescue could have been decided. Sorry-- that is how my thoughts work.-- I will have to adjust.
In picture defense-- :)

Attachments

• 1682994065523.png
    1682994065523.png
    433.6 KB · Views: 42
  • 1682994589720.jpeg
    1682994589720.jpeg
    7.1 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
Reptar313 :ROFLMAO: (y)
I changed my mind.. Anole--- Thanks for the better picture. (y)
Nostrils and eyes are off. And there have been brown anoles found in Michigan (invasive).
Then the right rescue could have been decided. Sorry-- that is how my thoughts work.-- I will have to adjust.
In picture defense-- :)
Was my first guess until I was told it has claw like feet. We will never know for sure

That is a Cuban brown anole Anolis sagrei. They are an invasive species in Florida that eat the native green anoles. Many people who are unfamiliar with chameleons call both of the above species of anole chameleons because they change color (green anole change green as the name suggests and the Cuban anole gets darker).

There are multiple species of chameleons that are found in the wild in Florida, so asking for pictures would have allowed other members to give accurate care suggestions.

That is a Cuban brown anole Anolis sagrei. They are an invasive species in Florida that eat the native green anoles. Many people who are unfamiliar with chameleons call both of the above species of anole chameleons because they change color (green anole change green as the name suggests and the Cuban anole gets darker).

There are multiple species of chameleons that are found in the wild in Florida, so asking for pictures would have allowed other members to give accurate care suggestions.
Thanks.

I definitely think it looks like an anole, maybe even a Cuban anole or just a green one that’s cold. I raised them for quite a few years.

On my first family vacation to Disney we rented a house in Orlando with a gas grill. The grill was sketchy and clearly hadn’t been used in a while. So I took off the cover, turned the burners on high, and hit the ignition button to clean it a bit. The grill made a big WUMPH sound when it lit. I came back a few minutes later and opened it to find about 20 crispy anoles inside. That’s how many anoles there are in Florida! And yes I feel terrible. Needless to say we didn’t grill anything that trip.

What would you do with one brought back to Michigan? The claw feet she described to be was what made me second guess my self and say chameleon. I’m sorry if I was coming off a little harsh I just wanted what was best for the animal

I would have tried to get a local reptile store to take them and fed them and sheltered them until someone agreed to take them off my hands. But then I would have become attached to them and before long, I have two wild anoles and a great story to go along with them. My penance for accidentally cremating the others in the grill.

Back
Top Bottom