Watery Urate

Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - Veiled, Male, Not sure of age but was about 3 inches from snout vent when purchased. Have had for a little over 3 months.
Handling - Never...Does not like human contact
Feeding - Crickets are a staple and mealworms every once in a while. Have recently added hornworms and phoenix worms? I usually feed between 8-12 small crickets (less crickets when he gets hornworms, mealworms, or phoenix worms). Gets fed every morning at 7 am. I gutload my crickets with carrots, collard greens, and cricket food which says it is high in calcium.
Supplements - Spray calcium liquid daily, Repcal with D3 twice a month and herptivite once a month.
Watering - I use a dripper and misting? I mist for about 2 minutes and never spray Camo directly. Once in a while I do see him drink.
Fecal Description - Brown colored droppings, not slimy, not watery. Defecates almost everyday.
Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites. Not since he's been in my care.
History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you....Has been healthy acting and looking since in my care.

Cage Info:
Cage Type - Cage is all screen about 3 feet tall by 2 feet wide...will be upgrading him to a bigger cage as needed.
Lighting - Reptisun tube light and basking light with normal household bulb 38 watts. On a timer 12 hours on, 12 hours off.
Temperature -85 degrees at top of tank ranging down to around 70 degrees. Measured by two thermometers. Lots of hiding and shady places for him to get out of heat if he wants.

Humidity - About 50-60. I mist and dripper system keep humidity up. Also has a live plant. Hygrometer measures humidity.
plants - Live weeping fig plant. Also had branches to climb.
Placement - Cage is in corner of my room. Away from traffic, vents, or windows. Cage is on small table that is raised about 3.5 feet off ground.
Location -We are located in San Jose CA.
Current Problem: I dont realy have a problem but am concerned. I recently changed Camo's diet (implemented hornworms and phoenix worms) and his urates have changed. Before they used to look like little white turds but now they look liquified almost like bird poop. Is this due to the change in his diet. He is still active and his appetite is great. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks!

I would say its due to the horn and phoenix worms you are feeding him. They tend to have a lot of water. It shouldn't be a problem, just a bigger mess to clean up.:p

Back
Top Bottom