Watery poop?

baggedd5087

So this morning my cham took a number 2 and his poop was firm but the urate was white and very very liquidy and there was alot of clear fluid in it any body know what this is? i would take a picture but its all dried up now ill get one A.S.A.P

Have you been hydrating more or offering silkworms or hornworms?

I've been misting him more till he starts to drink. and i havent been giving him anything but superworms and crickets. im going to order some silkworms from a local pet store

Cage Info:
Cage Type - 2x2x4 all screen
Lighting - Repti-Glo 5.0 18" tube, 40 watt household bulb with silver dome, 14 hours on, 10 off
Temperature - 80 F @ Basking Spot, 72 at bottom of cage
Humidity - it ranges from 55 to 75 using humidifier
Plants - Pothos, Corn plant, Schefflera Arboricola
Placement - In My Room thats quiet with no air drafts
Location - Grand Junction Colorado in the dry desert

Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - Male Veiled 3 months old
Handling - Once a day for a few seconds
Feeding - Gut loaded 1/4" crickets with carrots , about 10 a day. one mini super worm a week
Supplements - Rep-Cal Herpitive once a month, Rep-Cal Calcium with D3 twice a month, Zoo-Med Reptitive 6 times a week
Watering - Mist 2 times a day for about a minute, Little dripper dripping all the time, i see him drinking alot
Fecal Description - Dark with white runny urate with white fluid, never been tested for parasites
History - Got Him From FLChams a month and a half ago
Current Problem - Clear Fluid in poop.

He has also been spending alot of time hanging upside down under his UVB bulb he should be shedding anytime now. And no Syn he doesnt eat any of his plants

Is it smelly at all? Is it just liquidy or more like a jelly substance?

If you have not been feeding silk or horn worms and have never had a fecal done on him it wouldn't hurt to have one done just to make sure he is parasite free.

Also with your gutload try and vary it up from just carrots. Add apples, kale, yams, romaine etc

Is it smelly at all? Is it just liquidy or more like a jelly substance?

If you have not been feeding silk or horn worms and have never had a fecal done on him it wouldn't hurt to have one done just to make sure he is parasite free.

Also with your gutload try and vary it up from just carrots. Add apples, kale, yams, romaine etc

Its not smelly at all my mom just got fired from her vet tech job after 14years so were in between vets but when we find one ill get one done asap.How do they get parasites? and i will gutload with different fruits/veggies i wasnt sure on which ones i can give them

Any good vet should be able to do a fecal at a reasonable price. Here is a good link to find a good herp vet in your area. :)

http://www.herpvetconnection.com/

Next time he poops put it in a ziplock bag and put it in the fridge and get it to a vet asap. That will at least tell you if you are dealing with parasites or not.

Contaminated soil, cross contamination (been in contact with another cham/lizard who has parasites), bad/dirty conditions for feeders are 2 ways your cham can get parasites. Where do you get your crickets from? Do they keep them in a clean environment? How and where do you keep your feeders/crickets?

I get his crickets from petco, but i have a cricket keeper and i feed them fresh veggies and fruits, i change there food out everyday, i clean their cage everyday. and i keep them in my room thats spotless next to his cage, im a clean freak

Hello just have a question I have a chameleon I got from petsmart to save him and since he has been home for the past couple days he has been closing his eyes during the day but they will open mostly but this morning I realized his one eye has been squinted but he opens it at some times any help?

Welcome to the forum!

Please start a thread if your own. This is an old one.
Please post photos of the chameleon and the whole cage.
It would help if you answer the questions in the how to ask for help thread near the top of the health forum too.This will all help us help you better.

I don’t really know a lot about the chameleon itself because it came from pet smart I’ll send pictures though.
image.jpg

Back
Top Bottom