Waterfall or Dripper

Waterfalls don't really work that well in cham setups. A cham behaving normally won't tend to drink from it and you wouldn't want it to anyway. Waterfalls just circulate water internally over and over, so as soon as a feeder drowns in it (trust me they will) it becomes a bacterial soup. Bits of leaves, bark, dead feeders, and feces will fall into the thing quite often. Unless you plan on cleaning (and disinfecting) the thing every day or so they are not much use.

A dripper in addition to daily misting of the entire cage foliage will be much better for your cham regardless what species. You could either do this by hand if you are around often enough during the day, or use a timer-controlled automatic mister.

I will add my opinion since you asked. I am 100% with Carlton and that is the advice you are going to get around here. As she said, Waterfalls create bacteria the cham wont drink from it, the only benefit it provides is to you. that benefit is quickly overshadowed when you have to clean it every day.

If you want a waterfall or rain wall to help humidity, get a filtered one for your entire room and leave your cham cage simple :).

Don't mess with a waterfall. Breeding grounds for bacteria.

I use a dripper that runs all day in addition to an automatic mister. Never have to worry about humidity really, and hydration isn't an issue because my chameleon has access to water at 100% all hours of the day that his lights are on.

I really wish herp supply vendors would stop "suggesting" these things for many species. They are more trouble than they're worth. And, IMHO look totally tacky.

I am with you 100%, I am in a facebook group for chams (just joined) every other post people are syaing to add waterfalls add standing water. At first I fought it but I just have to give up. Every time I try to tell someone its not good, They say "Well, I have spoke with a ton of people that says its good"

I give up :(.

I am with you 100%, I am in a facebook group for chams (just joined) every other post people are syaing to add waterfalls add standing water. At first I fought it but I just have to give up. Every time I try to tell someone its not good, They say "Well, I have spoke with a ton of people that says its good"

I give up :(.
Next time you try, just provide a link to this forum (or a thread about the topic) and let it speak for itself.

Next time you try, just provide a link to this forum (or a thread about the topic) and let it speak for itself.

Thats actually what I have did the last few times lol, my post got a few likes and then people posted underneath and said I been using waterfalls for years its fine lol.

Back
Top Bottom