Water

Crikey, just how hard is your water that your cham has limescale? ;-)

Bottled water is a bit open ended as many bottled waters are 'mineral waters' containing all sorts. Good for us (in moderation) but not necessarily for chams.

RO would be a better bet, either bought, from local aquarium suppliers or anywhere else you know. You can buy your own 3 or 4 stage RO filters which are easy enough to set up. For misters, foggers etc., RO is usually the prefered choice for most folk.

RO or distilled is better than tap or bottled. Just got myself a new RODI unit for my reptiles and fish. Incredibly simple to setup. I use a faucet adapter so when I need to make water I'll plug the input hose into the faucet, waste water hose to the sink, and filtered water into my water jug. Takes a little bit to fill but its worth it in the long run.

Where can I buy an ROD unit? Should I get one? How benficial is it? And how do I use it?
Amazon is you best bet. I got a 50 gpd 4 stage for £50. Came with all fittings. All you need is water in and waste out (so under a sink or in the laundry room). To use, turn tap on and off again when done, it's that simple.

Back
Top Bottom