water causing edema?

much appreciated for all the advice! lol i was not expecting anything close to the amount of responses.. ive made posts before and luck to get 3-5 lol.. i plan on updating it periodically to track the progress

shes doing much better :) Ive been using bottled water for her and it seems to be helping alot..thats the only thing thats changed lol...OHH!! and i figured a way to lightly dust the FF lol i take the calcium and i rub it on the sides of the feeder cup a tiny bit of powder lands on the bottom of course.. but when they try to climb up the side they just fall off cuz the sides are dusted and they cant grip it

photo.jpg
photo.jpg
photo.jpg

me neither lol..we do have a water softener here and that raises the salinity, there's no arcenic or carbonate in it. but there is more salt in the tap water..cant taste it at all but it is there, the ph is high also from the softener. my adults are fine.. the female has the deposits on her nose every now and then but i dont think the babys system is that developed yet yo expel extra minerals via the nostrils which is pretty common in reptiles to do.. of course this is all theory and speculation but, shes been on bottled water for about a week and its gone down dramatically from the pics on page one to the ones i just posted today

Sorry for me being lazy and forgetful. When you were feeding the FF before. You were dusting plain calcium every feeding, correct? Also, what brand calcium?

Oh it cool lol. Page 1 was a while ago lol. Actually I wasn't dusting. I did on her first feeding with exo Tera calcium. But the edema didn't show up till like day 4-6. I stopped that and went to straight food and natural sunlight for her. And since everything i read said supplements i didnt use any until recently, this past week...i used the same calcium I did at first

That makes sense then. I dont know why i didnt remember that while arguing my point of improper Ca/P ratio. ;) This may have corrected the issue also...

lol, thank you i try to be...i could never be a vet because i get waayy too attached lol i dont consider it to be, but im told i have a serious passion for animals reptiles and SW fish specifically.. im a military brat so as a kid i moved all the time so i never really had any friends for long but i always had my pets. Now that im an adult, i still have the same love for them. I take alot of time to research the care and everything for anything i get which always seems to be the "harder/more exotic" to care for stuff lol

Back
Top Bottom