MEPOKEU

Chameleon forums meet Wall-E

:)

l_b21d9c96f1c949a9bb4c1b264222f6d2.jpg

l_043b279abc5d41e3b5da1c5d8ffce7f8.jpg

l_65387ed0e0b04f8083dc8cb122261e41.jpg

Me and my gf rescued him from petsmart.

Not sure on age.

Petsmart had him labeled as Jacksonii Jacksonii, but from all my reading i dont think he is.

The other chameleons petsmart had were sick and dying in the back.

They had him in a tiny glass cage. Huge bright light.
Plastic plants and a water bowl..

it was sad :(

Beautiful little feller!
Can't wait till he gets used to his new surroundings and shows his true colors. Got any pics of his new digs?
If you leave him alone for a few days he should feel secure and thrive! Congrats to you, your girlfriend and of course Wall-E.:D
Keep us posted

l_5de2b3c1f04341b4b0cebe57f2f97947.jpg

I had to use the shadow/highlight tool in photoshop or you wouldn't be able to see anything in the cage.

There are two real ficus plants. Repotted to get rid of the white stuff..

I have a fake vines going around the top of the cage for him to bask.

The hottest spot in the cage 87 to 89 degrees and thats directly under the light.

Middle of the cage is 80 and the bottom is 75-73.

I bought a new light and dripper, which should be here this week for him.

Very nice cage. Love Wall-E Ive never owned a jackons, but id love too! Hes so cute, What flexarium is thta?

I just ordered the 260, on sale.

Petsmart had him labeled as Jacksonii Jacksonii, but from all my reading i dont think he is
:(

He is a jacksonii xantholophus, cute little guy I bet he is happy to be out of petsmart. if I had to guess I wold say he is about 6-7 months. Maybe a little older

You didn't say what kind of UV bulb you had but I do see a water container on the bottom of the cage. Chams don't drink water out of a bowl. Bowls are breeding grounds for bacteria and can be harmful to your cham. They lick leaves and branches for their water. Make sure you mist him for about 3 minutes 2-3 times a day. Misting also is how you keep up the humidity.

You didn't say what kind of UV bulb you had but I do see a water container on the bottom of the cage. Chams don't drink water out of a bowl. Bowls are breeding grounds for bacteria and can be harmful to your cham. They lick leaves and branches for their water. Make sure you mist him for about 3 minutes 2-3 times a day. Misting also is how you keep up the humidity.

Zoo Med 18 Repti Sun 5.0 UVB bulb

There is a water bowl that looks like a stump, but do u see any water in it?

:D

I put a little cricket food in there so crickets dont eat my mesh cage.

Seeing as how he came from petsmart, id definatly make a vet appointment, havea fecal done...

treat him now before he declines like the others, if the others were going downhill, he may too, but he may also thrive well in his new enviroment.

Your temps seem just a little bit high for a Jackson's (cool montane species; they have been observed in snow in the wild [not that I'm suggesting you take him skiing!]). My first cham was a Jackson's, and the temps he was exposed to got as low as 60 (winter nights; cooler area ~ 64-68 during winter days); in the summer, we would turn on the air conditioning when ambient temps got into high eighties and low nineties, more for his benefit than for ours.

I'm not trying to be critical, and it looks like he has a great set-up. I just might consider allowing him the warmer basking areas, but having some place where he can get into the sixties.

Best of luck with him; he's a handsome fellow!

Ha! Good call with the cricket food.
I always kept a container with some fresh veggies when using flex cages.:rolleyes:
Setup looks a little open ... I used a wooden dowel zip-tied corner to corner in the top of the cage with a pathos hanging from it. (Cheap, hard to kill, grow like crazy and you can drape them any way you feel necessary)
Thats one happy little triceratops!

Ha! Good call with the cricket food.
I always kept a container with some fresh veggies when using flex cages.:rolleyes:
Setup looks a little open ... I used a wooden dowel zip-tied corner to corner in the top of the cage with a pathos hanging from it. (Cheap, hard to kill, grow like crazy and you can drape them any way you feel necessary)
Thats one happy little triceratops!

I think im going to buy a stand for both ficus so they both are reaching near the top of the cage. Since putting the fake vines in he never goes lower then the top 1/4 of the cage.

So far i havent been able to get him to eat many crickets. He will eat every mealworm you present to him though. He seems to love those, but i need to find something else he likes.

:)

Good looking chameleon you have got there!:D:):):D
Can i just ask why did you call him WALL-E?:D:D
I know the film but any reason why you named him after him?:D:):):D

Good Job Rescuing him! I'm going to Petsmart either today or tomorrow to look around, I just hope they don't have any Chameleons because then I'll be so sad. Because I don't have room for another one, because I'm getting ready for a female Veiled. Plus I don't have the correct place for a montane animal.

Back
Top Bottom