Does anyone know what this bug is ?

RikkiL

Established Member
I was cleaning up in Wall-s enclosure and noticed these weird looking things I have no clue what that are besides grossing me out. They are in one of my planters

Attachments

• 20231005_121337.jpg
    20231005_121337.jpg
    343.5 KB · Views: 27
Omg thank you thank you, it's organic I thought. And it's been in his cage for over 6 months not sure they are there all of a sudden

But did you strip the plant down out of the pot it was in and repot it in fresh soil? If not these little critters come in the soil they are planted
Okay so I'm not sure if I stripped them down to the roots, so I will assume these are not healthy for wall-e and will remove when I get home tonight

Okay so I'm not sure if I stripped them down to the roots, so I will assume these are not healthy for wall-e and will remove when I get home tonight
Yeah I do not know either way... I know some people do not care about them in their bio active. Personally they just gross me out. lol

For what it’s worth. I’ve had them in many different bio active enclosures with no problems.(at least that I am aware of. I have also never seen them get very big either. I do know they are considered a clean up critter. I’ve even seen them dining on 💩

Thank you, and yes it's worth alot. So minus the ick factor it should be fine?
That’s a tough one. I am of the option that you should be comfortable with and or know exactly what is in your enclosures. As beman noted I to clean down to roots prior to putting anything in any of my enclosures. I then add organic soil, clean up crew etc. As for fine? if I cleaned off the “Home Depot “ soil and added a trusted organic soil, CUC, cover etc I would keep and eye on/manage the colony size( as with any other CUC) But I personally would at that point be ok with fine. I will caveat that I quarantine my bio active enclosures prior to into of the primary occupant.😀

I agree if your not comfortable with it then pull the pot out and strip down to the roots. They are in the soil not the plant itself. 😉

Besides the plant will thank you for new healthy organic soil.

Back
Top Bottom