New little lady

RikkiL

Established Member
Well about 3 weeks ago we did something controversial but we did it, we purchased this little lady from a big box store. We know it was bad but she looked healthy no signs of MBD is what I mean by healthy and she had a fresh poop that also looked normal. This store never has panthers so we brought her home with us. I'm sure there is no way to tell how old she is pbut she was sold to us as a "baby" while checking out the lady say she was received by them then laid eggs shortly after. So now I am super nervous she is not a baby. She is so tiny compared to wall-e, she is about the size he was at 5 months old or so. Can anyone tell if the girls are normally tiny?

Well about 3 weeks ago we did something controversial but we did it, we purchased this little lady from a big box store. We know it was bad but she looked healthy no signs of MBD is what I mean by healthy and she had a fresh poop that also looked normal. This store never has panthers so we brought her home with us. I'm sure there is no way to tell how old she is pbut she was sold to us as a "baby" while checking out the lady say she was received by them then laid eggs shortly after. So now I am super nervous she is not a baby. She is so tiny compared to wall-e, she is about the size he was at 5 months old or so. Can anyone tell if the girls are normally tiny?

Attachments

• 20230621_120446.jpg
    20230621_120446.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 42
  • 20230608_192238.jpg
    20230608_192238.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 40
So females are smaller than males. If she laid a clutch already she would be at least 8-9 months. Granted some can lay a bit earlier than that. I would call the store and find out when she was received and if anyone know when she laid her eggs and how many there were. This will be really good info for you to have.

Have you put her on the diet for females and adjusted temps accordingly to control clutch size? Or do you need the info on that?

I did not think they would be that much smaller crazy to me, I'm feeding her 2-4 small dubia roaches every other day, only cause she does not want more then that, I try to give her 1 wax worm every 3 days or so but she really doesn't like them and I know they are treats. I did reach out to the store and they knew no info what's so ever. Her cage is about 76 during the day, under the basking light about 80. Any info you have that your willing to give I will take.

I did not think they would be that much smaller crazy to me, I'm feeding her 2-4 small dubia roaches every other day, only cause she does not want more then that, I try to give her 1 wax worm every 3 days or so but she really doesn't like them and I know they are treats. I did reach out to the store and they knew no info what's so ever. Her cage is about 76 during the day, under the basking light about 80. Any info you have that your willing to give I will take.
When you say small dubia what does small mean to you. I ask this because everyone has their own interpretation. :)

Make sure supplementation and UVB lighting is on point for her. Very important with them laying eggs.

She should be on a feeding schedule of 3 days a week with 3 feeders. You want them to be on this schedule by the time they are 9-10 months old.

You will not ever want basking to be over 78-80 for her. Very important for females because as she ages she needs this temp no higher at basking to help control the amount of eggs she produces. The hotter the temp they more their metabolism speeds up so we have to keep the temp lower since we are doing lower food intake.

A lay bin should be added as a permanent fixture by the time they are 6 months old so they get used to it and it does not cause stress.
https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/laying-bin-set-up-educational-video.77225/

laybin graphic.jpg

Back
Top Bottom