Walking on the bottom after misting

A fogger if used just for a covered cGe will not increase the humidity in your room...
Naturaliatic hydration lrolongs the life
It looks good now
But without fogging, it will have problems later
It is about how
Much you want the chameleon to thrive
I’m not sure where she’s located but I believe she stated that the humidity at night rises without the use of a fogger. If i’m wrong correct me.

I’m not sure where she’s located but I believe she stated that the humidity at night rises without the use of a fogger. If i’m wrong correct me.
Fogger is a means NOT primarily used for increasing the humidity but to produce fog
High humidity prevents nightly dessiccation but does not hydrate
While
Fog hydrates
Itnis a big difference

Do you speak about
Me or someone else?
I did not comment on that case the way you cite
Yes, I am speaking about you, but not in a negative manner don't get me wrong. You said
You are smart enough not to cut the throat of your chameleon with a blade, because he would die.
So, if yiu mist at daytime, he will die too.
And then, Pearl said
The only benefit being it’s in a supposedly more naturalistic way?
So I said that what you said is not that the goal is to make the setup more naturalistic, but that it is to simply keep her cham alive.

You said

And then, Pearl said

So I said that what you said is not that the goal is to make the setup more naturalistic, but that it is to simply keep her cham alive.
I understand now, OK
Let
Me
Explain:

1. Misting at daytime at high temperatures Kills, this is a
Fact,
So
To omit this practice is life saving, true
2. There are few iptions how to do, and the best and easiest and most naturalistic is obvioisly a nighttime fogger fir the reasons I explained

It is not reaching the same with different means

Nighttime fogging is natural
Not provide the nighttime fog is Unnatural

Natural ways induced to husbandry prolong the
life (and increase comfort and prevent problems)
Any compensation or unnatural
Mechanisms have their downsides, expressed mainly in discomfort, physiological disorders, diseases, early death

Yoj will not see usually the difference immediately as all the effects are slow and. cumulative

People will swear their animals are OK and they die at 3-5yeats if age
They can live much longer
Short lifespan means suboptimal husbandry (or disease)

I understand now, OK
Let
Me
Explain:

Fact,
So
2. There are few iptions how to do, and the beat and easiest and most naturalistic is obvioisly a nighttime fogger fir the reasons aj explained

It is not reaching the same with dofferent means

Not provide the nighttime fog i. Unnatural

Natural ways induces to husbandry lronh tl
Je life (and increase comfort and lre ent lroblems)
Any compensation ornunnatiral
Mechanisms have their downsides, expressed mai ky in fiscomfort, physiological fisorders, fiseases, early death

Yoj will not see usjally the difference immediateky as all the effects are slow and. Mcummative

They can live
Mucb longer
thank you for that explanation

I understand now, OK
Let
Me
Explain:

Fact,
So
2. There are few iptions how to do, and the beat and easiest and most naturalistic is obvioisly a nighttime fogger fir the reasons aj explained

It is not reaching the same with dofferent means

Not provide the nighttime fog i. Unnatural

Natural ways induces to husbandry lronh tl
Je life (and increase comfort and lre ent lroblems)
Any compensation ornunnatiral
Mechanisms have their downsides, expressed mai ky in fiscomfort, physiological fisorders, fiseases, early death

Yoj will not see usjally the difference immediateky as all the effects are slow and. Mcummative

They can live
Mucb longer
I mean this in full respect. As most of this is accurate. Some keepers say a daytime spike after misting is good. In their natural habitat it sometimes rains lightly during the day and mostly in the morning which causes a daytime humidity rise. It’s okay to a certain point. You don’t want humidity high throughout the whole day. As fogging is something that’s beneficial some people don’t do it bc of mold.

I mean this in full respect. As most of this is accurate. Some keepers say a daytime spike after misting is good. In their natural habitat it sometimes rains lightly during the day and mostly in the morning which causes a daytime humidity rise. It’s okay to a certain point. You don’t want humidity high throughout the whole day. As fogging is something that’s beneficial some people don’t do it bc of mold.

Rain is always connected to
Low temperature due to clouds covering the sun
Ut thisnis usually a big challenge in caltivity
So it is safer NOT to
Increase humidity at daytime.
I could go deeperninto physics but ai guess it is above the oau grade of the ajdoence a bit. Too much water at high temps meas actualy suprefluous water in the air ...
And this does not happen daily

Rain is always connected to
Low temperature due to clouds covering the sun
Ut thisnis usually a big challenge in caltivity
So it is safer NOT to
Increase humidity at daytime.
I could go deeperninto physics but ai guess it is above the oau grade of the ajdoence a bit. Too much water at high temps meas actualy suprefluous water in the air ...
And this does not happen daily
What do you do for hydration besides fogging?

I also found this on the forums care sheet.

Attachments

• 322270FE-A30E-4C43-BEB6-30F60DD8C233.jpeg
    322270FE-A30E-4C43-BEB6-30F60DD8C233.jpeg
    154.4 KB · Views: 48
Its weird that we keep humidity levels around 40% during the day becaise Veiled Chameleons come from Yemen, South Wersern Saudi Arabia and Asir Province where the humidity levels rarely ever drop below 60% during the day with temps up to 88F and sit around 75% at night with temps that rarely drop below 77F ....

That said I do keep my humidity level around 40% during the day and 75-90% at night. Imist once at 7:40 am right before lights on and then again at 8pm right after lights off.

Last edited:
Its weird that we keep humidity levels around 40% during the day becaise Veiled Chameleons come from Yemen, South Wersern Saudi Arabia and Asir Province where the humidity levels rarely ever drop below 60% during the day with temps up to 88F and sit around 75% at night with temps that rarely drop below 77F ....

That said I do keep my humidity level around 40% during the day and 75-90% at night. Imist once at 7:40 am right before lights on and then again at 8pm right after lights off.
Yes, what i was trying to get across is that day time mistings are good for this very reason. It gives the chameleon a more of a “natural” environment. Chameleons can’t see standing water and they only drink from droplets or rain. In the morning there are light mist in Yemen and they have a night time spike of humidity. But, they can’t solely depend on that night time humidity spike to keep them hydrated. I was trying to explain why misting during the day benifit the chameleon, and not shorten there life span as @PetNcs said.

As i said before some keepers don’t use fogging. Instead of fogging what would you recommend?
Nothing
I Recommend Fogging
For millions and millions of years every single night the chameleons sit in very high humidity and mist or fog. They are used to it and they need it. If we want to provide correct natural environment for them in captivity, there is no way how to avoid using fog. All other hydration methods are causing problems because high amount of liquid water swallowed through drinking off liquid water irritate The intestinal tract and provide the bodies with a osmotic shock. Moreover,
Regarding the hydration cycle from cold foggy nights and warm dry days into a hot and humid days and warm dry nights, which is the common keys in keeping the most frequently kept a Chameleons, is also heavily harmful. Regarding the hydration cycle from cold foggy nights and warm dry days into hot and humid days and warm dry nights, which is the common keys in keeping the most frequently kept a Chameleons, it’s also heavily harmful.
It has health consequences and shortens their lifespan.
If people decide to keep animals, they are obliged to provide them exactly what they need without any pardon. The most frequent excuse motivated by human discomfort is for me not acceptable. If you cannot provide what the Chamaeleons need, do not keep them. This is the ultimate rule. Any other approach leads to suffering and even torture.

Back
Top Bottom