Vield hates misting.

Triggerfreak

My newly acquired vield hats misting.He runs to the back of the cage every-time i do it and if i show him the tip of the mister he flairs up and hisses at it.Is this normal?Is it just because he is young.

My newly acquired vield hats misting.He runs to the back of the cage every-time i do it and if i show him the tip of the mister he flairs up and hisses at it.Is this normal?Is it just because he is young.

are you using warm water in your mister..the cold water comes as a shock to the system..witch makes them take it as a threat...i have a heater in my mist king resivoir that keeps the water at 90 degrees..since warming the water, the chams are much more relaxed while beeing misted..:D

misting

Hahaha mine did the same thing. I didnt even begin misting and he was half way to the back of the cage to take cover from the water with the leaves lol but i figured the water was cold and it was also at room temp. 78. I had to warm the water in the microwave till hot. So that when it came out it was warm. And now he stays put when i mist XD. Try heating the water. But first mist in your hand so you know ita not too hot as to burn him. And he will like it in time. Also try to mist first indirectly until he gets used too :) good luck!

Back
Top Bottom