Very Interesting Blog From Dr. Ivan Alfonso

I want to move to Florida so Dr. Alfonso can be our vet. (Not that our vet isn't great too.) I'm looking forward to reading about the progress they make.

I brought home a rescue melleri this weekend with hugely swollen/infected back legs. He's on antibiotics and alert and eating and drinking and I am hoping he will pull through. He seems really strong and tough so I'm very optimistic. He's sweet too.

I feel lucky to live in Orlando. Dr. Alfonso is a great vet who's raised many chameleons himself throughout his life.

Great blog, Jannb. Thanks for posting a link to it.

For me, this was the "last straw", so to speak, on why I will NEVER get anther wc chameleon. I guess that means the chams I have will probably be my last.

GREAT read...I will be following as well!! I only wish his blog was set up to give email updates when he posts otherwise I would have missed it if you hadn't posted up Jann. Thanks! I only wish we had someone similar here in AZ. It is so easy to feel all alone with your problem when you have chams. Even with this great forum and reptile vets in your area it's really easy to feel isolated. The more I can learn from reading, Books, Forums, Blogs, emags, the better. I always learn something new with Dr. Alfonso, as well as reading Chris Andersons stuff. We are truly lucky to have people in this hobby that take it as much more than a hobby and push the standard of understanding and knowledge forward!!

Sad to see the animals in such bad shape ... Great read though and it will be amazing to see them pull through and see what these animals were able to fight and survive through and or what they lost the fight against. Thanks for sharing!

It really is a sad fact that the "pet industry" is based on cruelty and suffering. The world needs more people like Dr. Alfonso

It really is a sad fact that the "pet industry" is based on cruelty and suffering. The world needs more people like Dr. Alfonso

I totally agree and yes Ivan it a wonderful man/vet.

i second/third these sentaments!!!!!! thanks sooo much Jann for passing this link along to me!!!!
i'll be following it and hoping for the best for the remaining chams, he's giving them the only chance they have now!!!!!!!

I am very lucky when it comes to Ivan Alfonso. He is my vet, long distance. He & my husband spent 45 minutes on the phone as Ivan walked David thought the process of getting the tongue out of the mouth of a cham who swallowed it. Cham is doing great. I spent the last night I was in Florida at Ivan's house. We got very little sleep, but sure talked about chameleons a long while. I know I spend to much time on the phone with him, and not just when I need his help, I just like and enjoy the man.

I'm in FL and am looking for where he currently works. Anyone know?

Mobile Vetranarian Service of Orlando. He mainly only goes out for large collections. If you are in the Orlando area and have a small collection of reptiles, then I recommend Dr. Diaz downtown Orlando on Michigan St.

Mobile Veterinarian Service of Orlando. He mainly only goes out for large collections. If you are in the Orlando area and have a small collection of reptiles, then I recommend Dr. Diaz downtown Orlando on Michigan St.
That's so ironic because I heard about them last year and had no idea that was him! Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom