Veiled question

Anitec21

Ok my question is the same as the other what if i use a double shoe box rubbermaid making it 9 1/2 inches or a small bucket 6 inches in length and width for my veiled to lay eggs is this ok or no? I just want to be prepared just in case.

Ok my question is the same as the other what if i use a double shoe box rubbermaid making it 9 1/2 inches or a small bucket 6 inches in length and width for my veiled to lay eggs is this ok or no? I just want to be prepared just in case.

Don't double post purposly please. And 12" deep is recommended and I don't belive a shoe box is close to that. Small bucket 10" or so deep should suffice. I'm not sure how much shorter u could go safely.

Like reptilover said 12 inches is really the minimum. Here is a great video on how to set one up :)

XD Oh fail, I forgot to add the link
Thanks jann! :)

Last edited:
I use white Rubbermade trash cans like the one in the video. They are around 12 inches tall but are only 7 or so inches wide. They fit nicely next to the plant pots in my cages. I bought these small trash cans at Walmart. I also drill a few holes in the bottom to let the water from daily misting and dripping run through the laying soil. I mix half play sand and half organic soil. I also have section of fake plant attached to a dowel that I place into the front of the bin to shield most of the laying bin so that my girls feel more secluded and more private.

Back
Top Bottom