veiled on the ground

That is why I bought the adult cage right off the bat because I didn't want to pay for a second cage later.
This was the only chameleon kit they had. All the rest were glass. And it was more than I had to spend. But I bought it anyway

Y'all have probably answered this for me somewhere but I can't find it. The house hold bulb got way to hot yesterday. So I'm going to petco to get another basking bulb. I don't have the long bulbs. So which one should I get? Also I'm going to look at their roaches and silk worms again. She's like a garbage disposal lol. Always hungry :LOL:

Y'all have probably answered this for me somewhere but I can't find it. The house hold bulb got way to hot yesterday. So I'm going to petco to get another basking bulb. I don't have the long bulbs. So which one should I get? Also I'm going to look at their roaches and silk worms again. She's like a garbage disposal lol. Always hungry :LOL:
Your Petco has roaches and silkworms?!

Your Petco has roaches and silkworms?!
Sorry, got distracted; get a Zoo Med ReptiSun t5HO (high output) with a 5.0 or 10.0 t5HO linear bulb. Normally, I’d say go with the 5?0, but since she has MBD, I’m not sure. Ideally, go online and get an Arcadia bulb

Sorry, got distracted; get a Zoo Med ReptiSun t5HO (high output) with a 5.0 or 10.0 t5HO linear bulb. Normally, I’d say go with the 5?0, but since she has MBD, I’m not sure. Ideally, go online and get an Arcadia bulb
I’m sure someone else with more knowledge of veileds with MBD will chime in for the uvb

The basking bulb and UVB bulb are 2 different things. For the basking bulb I use a house 65w and for UVB I use the reptisun 5% T5. How hot did the basking spot get? you can also lower the basking spot further from the bulb to cool it down. It should be around 8in away but can be more if need be. The bulbs at Petco do not tend to last long and for the price they cost its not worth it if you have to change it out every 3 months. I'm talking about the heat bulbs here but for the UVB they only carry T8 by me so I get all my UVB bulbs and fixtures from amazon or from a reptile only store near me.

The roaches and things at my Petco are in plastic containers but when you open them most if not all are dead so be aware of that.

The basking bulb and UVB bulb are 2 different things. For the basking bulb I use a house 65w and for UVB I use the reptisun 5% T5. How hot did the basking spot get? you can also lower the basking spot further from the bulb to cool it down. It should be around 8in away but can be more if need be. The bulbs at Petco do not tend to last long and for the price they cost its not worth it if you have to change it out every 3 months. I'm talking about the heat bulbs here but for the UVB they only carry T8 by me so I get all my UVB bulbs and fixtures from amazon or from a reptile only store near me.

The roaches and things at my Petco are in plastic containers but when you open them most if not all are dead so be aware of that.
I've had good luck with bulbs from petco. It got to 98 degrees yesterday so I just turned it off and made sure it didn't get below 60 degrees.
The roaches are in plastic containers. And some do look dead. That's why I've never bought them. But they have some of the worms in a fridge.

Grumpy pants wasn't having the camera. But I just wanted to show how big she's gotten.

Attachments

• IMG_0665.JPG
    IMG_0665.JPG
    204.1 KB · Views: 170
  • IMG_0667.JPG
    IMG_0667.JPG
    213.6 KB · Views: 174
Steady forward progress, excellent job! So, almost 300 posts later can we recap her symptoms when we first began vs how they are now? It would be a good way to show future members how important it is to practice correct husbandry and the difference it can make to your cham.

September 1. Her symptoms when I first started this post were very grim. She would not climb. She stayed on the ground. She had spread eagle legs. Her grip was very weak. It was very easy to start giving her liquid calcium by syringe. She would just let you open her mouth with no fight what so ever. She would grab at her face and had crazy legs. Like she couldn't figure out where to put her legs or couldn't control her legs.

September 21. She finally started climbing up to a very very low branch. She was starting to stand a little better. With her legs more under her body instead of spread eagle. She would still grab at her face quite a bit. It was getting harder to give her liquid calcium every night. She was fighting with the syringe. Which was a good sign.

September 24. She started climbing higher. She would still slip and fall some. But I had the unmbrella plant right underneath her branches so that would cushion her fall. She still was grabbing at her face and had spread eagle legs.

September 27. I added a lot more branches since she was climbing. Her tail is strong. If she slips and falls she hangs on with her tail. She's still shaky when climbing on skinny vines and slips sometimes.

Now, October 7. She climbs almost perfect now. She still slips on skinny vines, but she doesn't fall anymore. She can right herself pretty quick. Her grip is strong. She digs her little nails in my hand when we do liquid calcium. Gutloading crickets did her wonders I believe. She bites and hisses. She's not big fans of us. But hopefully we can stop the liquid calcium soon and she will begin to trust us again. She still has a touch of the crazy legs. Takes her a few seconds to get the footing she wants on branches. But she climbs all over the place now. Her favorite branch is the one at the very top. She rarely grabs at her face. Her legs are underneath her like they should be.

I learned the hard way that it is very important to have all the right things before you get a cham. Uv bulbs, d3, without d3, vitamins. Gutloading. Which feeders are fatty and which are nutritious. Etc etc. Again I thank all y'all so much for all your help and advice. I couldn't have done it without y'all!

So my question now is, how do I know when it's time to stop giving her the liquid calcium every night?

I love that she's climbing so much and all over the place. She's started climbing down and sleeping in the umbrella plant. It's so cute. I had to search for her this morning, she blended in to well :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom