veiled on the ground

so the long ones are uv, do they hold a regular bulb also. or do I need a single dome for a regular one for heat? i'm currently $102 in the hole at the bank. (FML) but I will look into it.
Take care of your financial situation first...Linear UVBs and fixtures are quite expensive. Compact bulbs don't have the spread and uniformity of a linear UVB bulb but if your cham is directly under the bulb they'll still receive UVB through the compact's strictly conical spread.

Take care of your financial situation first...Linear UVBs and fixtures are quite expensive. Compact bulbs don't have the spread and uniformity of a linear UVB bulb but if your cham is directly under the bulb they'll still receive UVB through the compact's strictly conical spread.
thank you!!

I picked a fixture up at a reptile show for $35, they were $50 at PetSmart. PetSmart had the bulbs for $37, but the online price was $18, and they honored it.

With her MBD, if you have time and opportunity, some outdoor time in the sun would do her a world of good on UVB, and that's free! Good luck!

Sadly, we don't have reptile shows anywhere around here. I live in a small town. I refuse to shop at petsmart because they ban pitbulls at their dog parties. So Petco is my only other option. Or online.

On the subject of laying bins I was talking about before we got off on lights somehow lol. I found this pic online. Would this be a good idea? I could burry the pots so she wouldn't burrow under them and it cave in on her.

Attachments

• add-the-substrate.jpg
    add-the-substrate.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 254
Sadly, we don't have reptile shows anywhere around here. I live in a small town. I refuse to shop at petsmart because they ban pitbulls at their dog parties. So Petco is my only other option. Or online.

On the subject of laying bins I was talking about before we got off on lights somehow lol. I found this pic online. Would this be a good idea? I could burry the pots so she wouldn't burrow under them and it cave in on her.
She needs at least 12” deep of tunnel-holding substrate.

She needs at least 12” deep of tunnel-holding substrate.
True. I've read 8 inches and 12 inches. I think I have time before she needs one, so I'm trying to plan this out beforehand so I'm not scrambling when the time comes.

True. I've read 8 inches and 12 inches. I think I have time before she needs one, so I'm trying to plan this out beforehand so I'm not scrambling when the time comes.
How old is she? They can start developing eggs as early as 4-6 months of age

How old is she? They can start developing eggs as early as 4-6 months of age

I'm not sure. We got her in august and she was little. so I'd guess she's around 3 or 4 months? I don't know how old they have to be before they sell them at Petco. I felt around on her belly last night and I don't feel anything. But I don't really know what i'm looking for honestly.

I'm not sure. We got her in august and she was little. so I'd guess she's around 3 or 4 months? I don't know how old they have to be before they sell them at Petco. I felt around on her belly last night and I don't feel anything. But I don't really know what i'm looking for honestly.
@Brodybreaux25

So for the UVB, yes linear is better, and really is a must when you can. Make sure to get Arcadia T5 HO when you decide to get them. The bulbs should be around $20.00 but last at least a year (as opposed to most that may last 6 months) and a light fixture with a great reflector should run maybe $30 bucks. I'll see if I can find something online for you...

(elevator music for your listening pleasure while this somewhat computer-illiterate Moderator figures this out...)

I think 24 is to long for my tank. I'll see if they have a smaller one. I don't want it hanging off the side. Thank you though. That's awesome.

Run it diagonally so it stays over the enclosure. You will need one at least that long when she is in her adult home. No need to purchase another one then! :)
True. I don't even want to think about adult homes right now haha. It's so hard when you don't have any extra money.

Back
Top Bottom