Veiled natural environment

Brodybreaux25

Chameleon Enthusiast
Credit: Petr Necas

A myth about Yemen chameleons unleashed... CLIMATE

Very often, people are mistaken to consider Yemen chameleons to be inhabitants of desert regions with hot and dry climate.
Many care sheets spread also this nonsense.
NO!

In fact, they inhabit high mountain valleys from 1000m a.s.l. up with rather mild climate!!! There is NO need to Bake them with heat lamps to over 40’C! They live the most time of the year in moderate temperatures with night drops deep under 20’C and fog/clouds lasting till 10AM almost every day

See the climate chart of a week
In July, natural biotopes and foggy mornings...
2A2AA67A-CF00-4C66-BA1A-6652ECD871CB.jpeg

Credit: Petr Necas

A myth about Yemen chameleons unleashed... CLIMATE

Very often, people are mistaken to consider Yemen chameleons to be inhabitants of desert regions with hot and dry climate.
Many care sheets spread also this nonsense.
NO!

In fact, they inhabit high mountain valleys from 1000m a.s.l. up with rather mild climate!!! There is NO need to Bake them with heat lamps to over 40’C! They live the most time of the year in moderate temperatures with night drops deep under 20’C and fog/clouds lasting till 10AM almost every day

See the climate chart of a week
In July, natural biotopes and foggy mornings...View attachment 246501

I read this some time ago . Such a great read. Also much how I keep my babies. Much lower temps . I’ve has so many say that’s WAY to cold for them . I have a vet tell me a female should be kept at 105. Never !!. I don’t even keep my males over 85. I’ve always said what The recommendation is to warm .

Back
Top Bottom