Veiled Incubation with pics!

anil93

Hello all, on the morning of December 9th around 8:00 a.m. my female began digging in her nesting box. By about 2pm she was completely done and back to basking after laying 34 eggs! So I mixed up some vermiculite into three tupperwears and pocketed each egg and poked a few holes. My humidity maintains at 99% but other than that my temps stay at 72-78 degrees. I'm hoping it wont be a problem in terms of mold etc. ANY comments would GREATLY be appreciated!

20161210_123807.jpg
20161209_224853.jpg
20161209_233851.jpg
20161209_233903.jpg
20161209_204859.jpg
20161203_204814.jpg

Check ur laying medium once a month,If gets to dry,add few drops of the water into ur medium but be careful not on the eggs.

Check ur laying medium once a month,If gets to dry,add few drops of the water into ur medium but be careful not on the eggs.

Definitely will be doing this if I notice the moisture drys out. Is there any good method to know when the medium dries out. Will my humidity be an issue?

U can tell by the water condensation inside of the container,if it gets too low then just put some drops of the water on each 4 corner,thats all.

Okay, I have a few holes poked in and my humidity maintains at 99%. Should I be worried about this?

Okay, I have a few holes poked in and my humidity maintains at 99%. Should I be worried about this?
Usually before u place ur eggs in the container,u will have to make sure the medium is not too damp or too dry by draining the extra water of the container,if u see the eggs start to mold that means ur humidity is to high if u see ur eggs dent a bit then u need to add bit of water,these are just my opinions,so monitor the eggs condition regularly will be a responsible way to do so.

Usually before u place ur eggs in the container,u will have to make sure the medium is not too damp or too dry by draining the extra water of the container,if u see the eggs start to mold that means ur humidity is to high if u see ur eggs dent a bit then u need to add bit of water,these are just my opinions,so monitor the eggs condition regularly will be a responsible way to do so.

Okay cool. So my containers actually dont have any excess water, I have checked the sides and underneath and basically theres just minor condensation happening on the sides of the vermiculite and on the lid. So I should be smooth for now, just keep monitoring it correct? I have read that 99% humidity is fine and I have also heard the opposite

Okay cool. So my containers actually dont have any excess water, I have checked the sides and underneath and basically theres just minor condensation happening on the sides of the vermiculite and on the lid. So I should be smooth for now, just keep monitoring it correct? I have read that 99% humidity is fine and I have also heard the opposite
Go by the looks on the eggs temperature (heat will drys up quickly)will also change the humidity,so u will have to adjust the humidity accordingly

Go by the looks on the eggs temperature (heat will drys up quickly)will also change the humidity,so u will have to adjust the humidity accordingly

Okay so after some extensive research through hundreds of threads. People are saying you want the humidity around 70-80% and then I read an article that stated you want the humidity as close to 100%. Then I also see from Brad(retired moderator) that he has done closet incubations at 70-78 degrees without ever measuring the humidity. All of these experiences sound great, but I need clarification as to who do I go with?!?!

Go with the closet methods if ur closet temperature is suitable for the incubation,I use it and I know some other breeder use it too,humidity gauge will fluctuate up and down n thats the reason I suggested u to monitor ur eggs regularly,u can see thru from the lid or open them once a month to let the fresh air goes in and adjust the humidity with water drop accordingly.
Dont go too crazy on the reading,go by the eggs appearance.

Go with the closet methods if ur closet temperature is suitable for the incubation,I use it and I know some other breeder use it too,humidity gauge will fluctuate up and down n thats the reason I suggested u to monitor ur eggs regularly,u can see thru from the lid or open them once a month to let the fresh air goes in and adjust the humidity with water drop accordingly.
Dont go too crazy on the reading,go by the eggs appearance.

Awesome, I needed that piece of mind lol :LOL: Should I have my thermometer inside my actual tupperwear container or just laying beside the tupperwear with the lid fully shut? It's closed right now with the thermometer sticking inside of it so the lid is 98% closed with a slight, slight opening at the lip. Is that okay?

Awesome, I needed that piece of mind lol :LOL: Should I have my thermometer inside my actual tupperwear container or just laying beside the tupperwear with the lid fully shut? It's closed right now with the thermometer sticking inside of it so the lid is 98% closed with a slight, slight opening at the lip. Is that okay?
The temperature inside and outside of ur container probably +/- less than 1F degree,u can shut the lid or slightly open like u did ,I shut all mine and I open to check every month or so,just patiently and wait till they hatch.

The temperature inside and outside of ur container probably +/- less than 1F degree,u can shut the lid or slightly open like u did ,I shut all mine and I open to check every month or so,just patiently and wait till they hatch.

Got cha! Think I am going to go ahead and just shut it completely. Thank you so much for your help as you've been the only one to respond!:)

Back
Top Bottom