Veiled eye question

finalflash

So was looking at a friend's male veiled and noticed his eye looked a bit off to me... he just finished a shed but, in the pic i attached his eye looks a little off.... any thought on this ... maybe some shed ?? To me the little guy looks like he needs some groceries and better hydration....but that's just me
image0.png

One eye or does the other have the same going on?

If one eye it could be an infection or clogged duct in the eye turret. If both eyes it could be that but can also be an issue with supplements.

The eye that I can see does look a bit sucked in could be having some issues with dehydration.

Cham does look a bit thin from what I can see with his limbs. But depending on age this could be just fine.

Beman, thanks for the info
Its only one eye ... i dropped off a spare dripper, some sups and silkworms to my buddy this morning on the way to work... we had a quick chat and I'm thinking it's a few issues as he said he gets mostly mealworms no sups and only misted in the AM... sounds like a recipe for a bad time to me... i guess ill help all i can and hope for the best...i think if the little guy will eat some silks then maybe ill take him some small hornworms to try to get a jump on the hydration issue...directed him here to read read read ....fingers crossed

Beman, thanks for the info
Its only one eye ... i dropped off a spare dripper, some sups and silkworms to my buddy this morning on the way to work... we had a quick chat and I'm thinking it's a few issues as he said he gets mostly mealworms no sups and only misted in the AM... sounds like a recipe for a bad time to me... i guess ill help all i can and hope for the best...i think if the little guy will eat some silks then maybe ill take him some small hornworms to try to get a jump on the hydration issue...directed him here to read read read ....fingers crossed
Oh no! That’s exactly how my little one was kept before I got him 😢 he definitely had some problems because of it. I really hope it gets sorted out

yea i hope so as well ... as i have my chameleons to tend to and worry over.. lol
If your friend does end up coming here, I have several threads about my Cham. Maybe it would help to see what those conditions can lead to. Thankfully my guy is back on track and healthy now, and this little one doesn't look as bad off as mine was. But mine ended up with MBD and was surely on his way out when I got him. I’m crossing my fingers for your friend and the little guy 🤞

Back
Top Bottom