Eye shut

What exactly are you using for these though?

I would for sure add the daytime mistings... I am seeing crusty on the eye. He needs to be able to properly clean the eyes... Might be time to schedule an appointment with a reptile vet as well just in case he does have an infection and is needing antibiotics to clear it.
I’m using the Fluker’s feed and crystals for the crickets if that’s what you’re asking :)

And I agree with a vet visit I suppose, I’ve taken so much care to study and research extensively on this guy to feel like I’ve done something wrong, but I hate seeing him act like this, it’s not fun 🥺
Update: he just started to shed today, so maybe that’s why his eye is being weird?

I’ve not been keeping as long as others here, so I very well could be wrong. But nothing screams at me from your husbandry. Therefore I would guess he has something stuck in his eye. I would take him to a vet at this point. One with good chameleon experience that can flush it out. We have a vet list if you need help finding one.
Where can I find that list? I live in SW Ohio north of Cincinnati

Here is the list of vets we use here. I don’t know if any are close to you, but if you can go to someone on this list, it would be your best option.

Attachments

• Exotic Vet Recommendations - U.S.A. 4.pdf
    147.5 KB · Views: 12
I’m using the Fluker’s feed and crystals for the crickets if that’s what you’re asking :)

And I agree with a vet visit I suppose, I’ve taken so much care to study and research extensively on this guy to feel like I’ve done something wrong, but I hate seeing him act like this, it’s not fun 🥺
Update: he just started to shed today, so maybe that’s why his eye is being weird?
Can you post links to the exact products your using... Just want to double check the additives in them.

You're REALLY close to a great vet - Dr. Daulhausen. I went to him when my guy was sick (way more sick than I thought... Sadly he passed away), and they treated me WONDERFULLY. Their prices are fairly reasonable.

The phone number on the vet sheet is incorrect though. It's actually (513) 576-1990 - They're in Milford so you're gonna be real close. He specializes in birds, but does TONS with exotics of all varieties. Last time I was there I saw a duck, chicken, african gray parrot, a blue and gold macaw, two ferrets, a ball python, and my cham. They were responsive, sympathetic, and generally great.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 10
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 11
No I meant which Fluker’s feed and crystals. I do not have all these memorized lol just supplements.

You're REALLY close to a great vet - Dr. Daulhausen. I went to him when my guy was sick (way more sick than I thought... Sadly he passed away), and they treated me WONDERFULLY. Their prices are fairly reasonable.

The phone number on the vet sheet is incorrect though. It's actually (513) 576-1990 - They're in Milford so you're gonna be real close. He specializes in birds, but does TONS with exotics of all varieties. Last time I was there I saw a duck, chicken, african gray parrot, a blue and gold macaw, two ferrets, a ball python, and my cham. They were responsive, sympathetic, and generally great.
@elizaann2 can you double check the info on the sheet for Dr. Daulhausen? See @CalamityCrow post above.

Ok so the water crystals are safe without additional additives. However I would not use the cricket food. Not only is it higher in protein so if you feed it to dubia they can build up additional uric acid levels but they add tons of vitamins including fat soluble. My worry is this will be a variable that is just not needed. Additionally this stuff can mold when it is wet... moldy stuff fed to feeders brings up a whole new level of issues.

Per both of these being used. It really is not necessary with the blend you make and turn into ice cubes. They will get moisture from that.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-02-25 at 9.13.08 AM.png
    Screenshot 2024-02-25 at 9.13.08 AM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 8
Back
Top Bottom