Veiled chemeleon was diagnosed with mbd

That is okay! I use to do reptile and animal education shows and would always tell the parents. If you allow your child to have a pet, it will really be your pet. LOL I know-- Fortunately for my parents it was in my blood to care for things. They didn't even have to get me food.
still enjoy the cleaning and behavior of it. My downfall is I like most reptiles, amphibians, small weird animals like hedgehogs, ferrets, sugar gliders, opossums and FISH-- My grand kids gave me a shirt "I have a reptile disorder--- can't just have one" it is that bad. Your doing a great job. I 100% get and would never push.. Your going to learn so much and hopefully you don't get bitten by the bug. The Chameleon bug.. haahaa
Your child can learn from you too.. Win win
Redhorse..what kind of thermometer and hydrometer do you use.

I am not a Chameleon whisperer :LOL:(y)but can tell a lot by their eyes. He is defiantly grateful and he is giving you that "don't mess with me attitude". Don't get relaxed because this is the time when secondary issues can occur. I am not a VET but have helped others (not via computer) Others will give you better advice soon. (y)
Great your giving him the TLC required.

JMHO although you are in a temp cage a few bucks could replace the fake vines with some pothos.

JMO- when he is feeling better, he will start to nibble on plants which is a great improvement. Even if he does not, it will help with humidity as the meds can cause a little dehydration (I am sure you know all this but my nature to be detailed and can't assume anything these days). Great job!
My observation over the years. Some chameleons will start using their limbs properly and can even become semi-straight too. Not usual but can happen so maybe updates will show the wonders of chameleon health..
Look at Ozzy this am! He looks so happy!

Attachments

• 16397533402797835005253114619946.jpg
    16397533402797835005253114619946.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 65
  • 16397533718756452855693178957677.jpg
    16397533718756452855693178957677.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 66
Great! Always nice to see improvements. Just make sure you are doing what others are sharing with you for the correct lighting and supplements.
Reason being::: Since he had/has mbd it can occur much quicker and he still can get secondary issues.
As I have mentioned to others--- our pets are investments of time and money without the financial return. (y)

Keep up the great work.

Great! Always nice to see improvements. Just make sure you are doing what others are sharing with you for the correct lighting and supplements.
Reason being::: Since he had/has mbd it can occur much quicker and he still can get secondary issues.
As I have mentioned to others--- our pets are investments of time and money without the financial return. (y)

Keep up the great work.
I did get his bulb replaced a week ago and I really appreciate everyone's help in teaching me...it must be really making a difference. I still have him in small glass tank because of his injuries

Attachments

• 16397582650342581035981915346226.jpg
    16397582650342581035981915346226.jpg
    169.6 KB · Views: 63

Keep up the great work.
I am going to buy home the big cage after Christmas and start working on it so when he is ready I can have it finished with live plants aND everything

That sounds like a great plan.
Just to get you thinking when working on the cage. I put 1/4 inch plastic mesh on the inside (It can be tie-wrapped).

Reason being: The bigger chameleons (some not all and I would even add few) tend to have nail issues since normal screen is small enough to catch onto the nails. With MBD the legs and feet are off a little more and can wedge or file down the nails. We just want to prevent that. It doesn't always happen, but it can.

Some chameleon owners talk about chameleons can't stay on branches or falls. This can occur if the nails are filed down or missing because they got worn or pulled out from the normal size mesh.

Just adding some extra info and you are doing a good job. (y) (y)

Attachments

• PXL_20210714_193541062.jpg
    PXL_20210714_193541062.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 63
Up dates on Ozzys recovery. So this week Ozzy has started drinking and eating in his own very well and in front of me. His colors are gorgeous..home really seems happy. He is able to climb without falling on different sticks and plants. I am so happy you guys. This hard work did not go in vain! He literally is part of my morning and night routine now. I enjoy him so much! Here's pictures of him now!.

Attachments

• Resized_Resized_20220112_221233.jpeg
    Resized_Resized_20220112_221233.jpeg
    168.1 KB · Views: 55
  • 20220112_220406.jpg
    20220112_220406.jpg
    195.5 KB · Views: 53
I will continue to post on here as he recovers ...but the past 2 months have been constant nursing him...I had to force feed him daily to get his vit6..I also had to give him showers daily and help him with hydration...it's been slow but guys yesterday was a major point of change..his improvement was amazing from last week til now. I am so excited 😊

I will continue to post on here as he recovers ...but the past 2 months have been constant nursing him...I had to force feed him daily to get his vit6..I also had to give him showers daily and help him with hydration...it's been slow but guys yesterday was a major point of change..his improvement was amazing from last week til now. I am so excited 😊
So for anyone who is going through MBD ..they do recover its just a slow process...main thing is realizing it didn't happen over night so their wasn't a quick fix. It was scary at first but after doing all the right things...they get better

Remember? """""Great your giving him the TLC required.""""""

TLC can be tender loving care or tender loved chameleon---- Just made that up. hee hee hee:) (y)

Back
Top Bottom