Veiled chameleon loves to cuddle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saguarosmom

My female veiled loves to be carried around and cuddled. She climbs all over me and begs to be let out constantly. Everything I’ve read says they are mean and don’t like it. Am I crazy or is she just one of a kind.

She lets me hand feed her, pet her, pull her flaking skin off, carry her around, pick her up, and is just all around friendly.

Is this ok or is something wrong with her??

This is “Saguaro”

Attachments

• 3B2C10F3-5C0C-4965-99C4-06A04047F09C.jpeg
    3B2C10F3-5C0C-4965-99C4-06A04047F09C.jpeg
    160.9 KB · Views: 324
Your chameleon needs to see a veterinary psychiatrist immediately. She is clearly in need of a mood regulator. This is not normal.

Just kidding... they are an enigma. You got one that is very friendly or thinks you're a tree. Either way... Enjoy it.

Nope. Doesn’t sleep on me. She changes to bright friendly colors usually to match my outfit. Like lime greens and blues.

Your chameleon needs to see a veterinary psychiatrist immediately. She is clearly in need of a mood regulator. This is not normal.

Just kidding... they are an enigma. You got one that is very friendly or thinks you're a tree. Either way... Enjoy it.

You scared me for a second.

Reactions: iMi
We really need to stop having people post that your chameleon is just friendly when there's obvious, problematic husbandry going on.

@Brodybreaux25 100% right

Bright colors don't mean relaxed... for any reason... chameleons don't cuddle... it is a longstanding myth that they change colors to adapt to their surroundings... Pulling off flaking skin is a big NO-NO...

yes there are chams that willingly come out and are easy going with people, but I can tell by your enclosure pictures alone you have a lot of this wrong.

I don't mean to be a jerk, we're here to help, just a little frustrating when people encourage nonsense.

Because people want to help. It's the only real way those that are more experienced can get a snapshot of your Chameleon's current situation. Aggression is almost a core tenant to being a chameleon, and cuddly is a red flag. If I remember correctly, the relationship is pretty much swapped in their eyes. You are part of their territory.

We really need to stop having people post that your chameleon is just friendly when there's obvious, problematic husbandry going on.

@Brodybreaux25 100% right

Bright colors don't mean relaxed... for any reason... chameleons don't cuddle... it is a longstanding myth that they change colors to adapt to their surroundings... Pulling off flaking skin is a big NO-NO...

yes there are chams that willingly come out and are easy going with people, but I can tell by your enclosure pictures alone you have a lot of this wrong.

I don't mean to be a jerk, we're here to help, just a little frustrating when people encourage nonsense.

Really pulling off skin is a no-no. You think I just sit there and rip it off no these are the dried flakes that are falling off that is OK to remove according to my exotic veterinarian to go take your opinion elsewhere Or post your dvm

Fill out the form so we can help you. If you don’t want to, then stop posting.

First of all you don’t run the forum.
Second of all there’s no rule that says I have to fill out any post.
Third and most importantly you need to stop telling people what to do because you don’t know and if you don’t wanna talk to me then stop responding to my thread and get off of it

First of all you don’t run the forum.
Second of all there’s no rule that says I have to fill out any post.
Third and most importantly you need to stop telling people what to do because you don’t know and if you don’t wanna talk to me then stop responding to my thread and get off of it

There are lots of experienced keepers on this forum, and it's a great place to seek out help or share tips. You acknowledged the behavior was unusual and asked "Is this ok or is something wrong with her?? ". For help like that, people need more information. The form prevents users from having to ask all of those questions individually.

Really pulling off skin is a no-no. You think I just sit there and rip it off no these are the dried flakes that are falling off that is OK to remove according to my exotic veterinarian to go take your opinion elsewhere Or post your dvm

And just so you know my enclosure is about 8 feet tall. It has live plants only. Live food so she can hunt and tons of things just for her to do so don’t tell me my enclosure is wrong because you don’t know a thing about it

Is this ok or is something wrong with her??

You asked this of the members of this forum. You ended up getting multiple very experienced keepers responding and trying to give you feedback. If you search prior threads any of them that have to do with someone asking about behavior or health issues you will see that a member asked them to fill out the form and provide images of their entire enclosure lights down. The reason for this is that everything is linked and for someone to spot a potential risk in your husbandry and to provide you with the information to correct it prior to your cham having issues.

You asked a question and you got feedback.... Now your not wanting it and your being rude to the people that were giving there time to assist in answering your question.

And just so you know my enclosure is about 8 feet tall. It has live plants only. Live food so she can hunt and tons of things just for her to do so don’t tell me my enclosure is wrong because you don’t know a thing about it

I know this is obvious bait, but I mean.... in hopes that you legitimately need help let's be honest here. You have fake plants in your picture. It is currently on a fake vine in said picture. We don't mind if there are issues in your husbandry as long as you are honestly concerned about your chameleon and want to provide it the best possible care. Please, fill out the form so that someone a bit more experienced can help you.

Also, regarding shed skin... yes, it is harmful to your chameleon. Helping them shed should only be done as a last resort, and you don't pull it off as much as you take a wet qtip and gently massage it off.

You asked this of the members of this forum. You ended up getting multiple very experienced keepers responding and trying to give you feedback. If you search prior threads any of them that have to do with someone asking about behavior or health issues you will see that a member asked them to fill out the form and provide images of their entire enclosure lights down. The reason for this is that everything is linked and for someone to spot a potential risk in your husbandry and to provide you with the information to correct it prior to your cham having issues.

You asked a question and you got feedback.... Now your not wanting it and your being rude to the people that were giving there time to assist in answering your question.

As I said if I can figure out how to delete it I will why don’t you do me a favor and tell me how

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom