Veiled Chameleon food

MarineWife

I have a baby veiled chameleon (4-5 months old) that has only been eating crickets for the time being because that is all that i can find in my town. I'm not sure what all she can eat either, so I need information on that! I have been trying to find meal worms/super worms online but can only find them in bulk of 500 or more. So, I am considering getting that but how to I keep them alive? I know I will have them forever since I only have one chameleon so I need help with this!

You should try b dubia roaches. They are really great feeders and breed really easily. They cant climb on walls either so you wont have to worry about any escaping.

You do not want to feed superworms or meal worms for a staple feeder, they have hard exoskeletons that chameleons cannot digest, I would try dubias or crickets. crickets are easy to keep order them in bulk put them in a 5 gal bucket, with egg cartons, i use Flaukers Cricket Quencher for water and apples, oranges, carrots for a gutload. you just gotta keep it clean or bacteria will build up and thats no good.... And cause i really bad smell, just make sure the crickets are no bigger then the space between the chameleons eyes. Phoenix worms are good so are silkworms.

I can buy crickets easily, I'm just trying to find something else she can eat

Phoenix worms, silkworms, Horn worms, sometimes waxworms, dubia roaches, stick bugs. Thats all i can think off the top of my head, you got to order in bulk and just use the search on this forum there are many threads about keeping worms/ feeders in bulk

Sow bug, praying mantis, pesticed free non toxic moths, fruit flies, house flies, blue bottle flies, butter worms, snails, Grasshoppers, and certain pesticed free non toxic butterflies.

In addition to the list above. Actually, just make sure everything is pesticide free non toxic and parasite free if they were wild caught.

Sow bug, praying mantis, pesticed free non toxic moths, fruit flies, house flies, blue bottle flies, butter worms, snails, Grasshoppers, and certain pesticed free non toxic butterflies.

In addition to the list above. Actually, just make sure everything is pesticide free non toxic and parasite free if they were wild caught.

Thanks Pssh i could'nt remember the other ones

My Veild Zem is about 7 months now and he eats around 10-12 crickets a day i also throw about 4 wax worms in the cup as well i tryed feeding him all kinds of fruits and vegies he wasnt having anything to do with it he hand feeds so i tryed to hand feed him the stuff he didnt want it so what i do is i feed all the fruits and vegis to the crickets and inturn he gets the nutrions

All feeders should be gutloaded as much as possible. Calcium rich veggies and fruits are always a good choice but stay away from spinach, tomatoes, and broccoli. I wouldn't suggest feeding the large amount of feeders that the previous poster had said they feed as yours is a female. Feeding so much would cause egg development (when she's 5-6 months old) which in turn shortens her life.

Has anyone ordered from mulberry farms? They have small orders which I like but what to know if anyone has used them before I buy.

Back
Top Bottom