Will my dubias ever fly?

Hey all!

I usually do bulk orders of dubias (200-250 roaches) online. I understand that they can live for a while (up to a year?) and I’m good at keeping mine alive for at least a few months.

As far as I understand, online stores send nymphs. But will these nymphs ever turn into adults? I know that only the male dubias develop wings, so maybe they only sell females?

Thank you!

Hey there! They will just grow into adults. They never fly. The wings are for show. Oranges help when to get them to mate when they are mature. A colony is vey easy to grow and maintain. There is a few threads here on the forum about it I think. I just put them in a 5 gal tank with a repti heating pad. Some egg crates, feed them daily, Grow them out give them oranges and poof they breed. They don’t climb walls either. Many use closed plastic bins with screen tops. They are very easy. 😊

Hey there! They will just grow into adults. They never fly. The wings are for show. Oranges help when to get them to mate when they are mature. A colony is vey easy to grow and maintain. There is a few threads here on the forum about it I think. I just put them in a 5 gal tank with a repti heating pad. Some egg crates, feed them daily, Grow them out give them oranges and poof they breed. They don’t climb walls either. Many use closed plastic bins with screen tops. They are very easy. 😊
Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom