veiled chameleon colors

my veiled chameleon is almost six months old, i’m wondering if she will ever lose her baby green color. i see multiple chameleon having bright speckled colors, and i’m not sure if my baby will get them. any thoughts?

these are the ones i see on the internet:

F4ED11F5-63A6-4426-8BDA-1459348C2C7E.jpeg

Yes...only the males get those colors and patterns.
Females start out as almost plain green. As they become sexually mature they get yellowish mustardy colored splotches and blue dots indicating they are receptive. When they mate they take on a dark background and very bright colors of yellow and blue/green dots. These colors can come and go during the time they are gravid.

https://www.alamy.com/stock-photo/veiled-chameleon-female.html
First phot on the left...adult colors....second photo gravid colors...hope this helps.

I was actually wondering if mine has healthy coloration
We got him from a breeder in Jersey all skin and bones and BLACK
Opened the bag and looked at my girlfriend like what did you bring into our home
Lol
He’s turning around though but still has a darkness
It’s been a month now
Please let me know your thoughts

Attachments

• D3D17E5B-B77C-4F32-A991-3EA6A7F4E1DB.jpeg
    D3D17E5B-B77C-4F32-A991-3EA6A7F4E1DB.jpeg
    155.3 KB · Views: 119
Opened the bag and looked at my girlfriend like what did you bring into our home
Lol
It’s been a month now
Starting your own thread and filling out this form in as much detail as possible (including more pics of your cham, his entire enclosure, and his lights) will be best. With your own thread, we help you much better, as well as check your husbandry to make sure everything is 100%!
https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/how-to-ask-for-help.66/

They generally don’t like to be held. Some will tolerate it during feedings or when they are being moved to a free range they like but otherwise nope. My veieled is a female and she turns beautiful receptive colors when I hold her, which is very cute but I still know she’s going to get stressed so I keep the hand holding to a minimum. If you got him in a bag then that says something about the Breeder. Who sticks a chameleon in a bag for transport? And either his skinniness is from lack of nutrition or maybe a serious underlying health issue. He should be evaluated by a vet.

Lol
It’s been a month now

Back
Top Bottom