veiled cham

It depends on his mood, and also some other factors that some more experienced owners can explain, but they are usually green-ish with some stripes or other in lighter colors, darker colors tend to be a sign of stress or discomfort.

ya my guy is always green with light green stripes when hes happy and darker or spots when hes mad

ya my guy is always green with light green stripes when hes happy and darker or spots when hes mad

the place i got him from all theres all really bright green, but they are in a smaller cage and with much more lighting should i maybe try to add more lighting?

the place i got him from all theres all really bright green, but they are in a smaller cage and with much more lighting should i maybe try to add more lighting?

i think what you need todo is put up a comleate how to ask for help form and maybe some pics of your cham and your setup. all the help you need is on here but keep in mind the more info you provide the better the members can help.

i think what you need todo is put up a comleate how to ask for help form and maybe some pics of your cham and your setup. all the help you need is on here but keep in mind the more info you provide the better the members can help.

i agree here the form is helpful, my vield used to get darker when basking(heat attracts better to darker colors) untilli got the temp just right for him. fill out that form maybe we can help more.:)

Your Chameleon - Veiled chameleon,male,approximatly 4 months old,I have had him for 3 weeks.
Handling -10 minutes to feed and to move to a free range tree.
Feeding -crickets and wax worms(I have dubbia roaches ob ordor they are supposed to be 3/4" to 1/4" is that to big for him? Also have horn worms but wont eat them yet) 3-4 crickets daily and 1-2 wax worms every other day, cal with d3 twice a month, just ordered regular calcium yesterday havent had money after purchasing everything:( and getting vitamin cal (anyone know a good place to buy that?)
How are you gut loading-putting apples, carrots, lettuce, and broccli into feeders cage (havent had any other greens yet :( and then putting the feeders into a bowl with gut load for about 2 hours before feeding.
Supplements - Rep cal no d3 should be in tomorrow, dusted twice this month with rep cal with d3.
Watering - spray 3 to 4 times daily with spray bottle for about 3 minuntes. I have watched him drink a few times.
Fecal Description - white tip with with moist black dropping connected. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites(no)?
History - Came from a plant store which seemed to have other healthy chameleons not sure if they were dusting though didnt seem like it, but seemed like they were giving him a good amount of food my 3 friends also bought males from them as well.

Cage Info:
Cage Type - 2x 16.5 x4 reptarium screen
Lighting - repti sun 5.0 and 25 watt basking light, 6-9.
Temperature - i have a thermometar at the middle of the cage the tempature is 80 degrees and 75 at night.
Humidity -50% and 60% after misting, misting with a spray bottle, humidity thermometar middle of the cage.
Plants - pothos,part of a rubber tree, and fake plants.
Placement -Near a fan which i keep off just for him LOL no air vents and it is in my room and im the only one who goes in. the cage is 4ft away from the floor.
Location -Arizona?ask if you need to know more lol.

Current Problem -he is dark alot of the time, eats what seems like a little, and not quite sure if hes really grown (i think he has a little hard to tell because i see him daily.)
when i try to attach my pictures it says it is full is there anyway to delte them from an old post or delete the post?

it is hard to say the ambient tempature in the basking spot, thermostats dont really check them. But IMO(which isnt prof just have a veiled myself) the basking spot may not be warm enough so he wants to get dark for more heat. It would be best if you could get a heat gun(http://lllreptile.com/store/catalog...ostats-and-timers/-/infrared-temperature-gun/) and check the basking spot temp. These are very useful tool for all reptiles. And the eating not sure the size of the crikets but if hes eating and drinkin i wouldnt worry about that. poop sounds good.. Im sure the real experts will chime in

it is hard to say the ambient tempature in the basking spot, thermostats dont really check them. But IMO(which isnt prof just have a veiled myself) the basking spot may not be warm enough so he wants to get dark for more heat. It would be best if you could get a heat gun(http://lllreptile.com/store/catalog...ostats-and-timers/-/infrared-temperature-gun/) and check the basking spot temp. These are very useful tool for all reptiles. And the eating not sure the size of the crikets but if hes eating and drinkin i wouldnt worry about that. poop sounds good.. Im sure the real experts will chime in

Alright thanks :)

what should the vasking spot be or what do you have your set at? if i add more light to the cage which the cage seems kinda dark to me what kind and how much?

25 watt basking lamp is a very very weak lamp.

Post a pic of your cage and lighting positions please.

all you husbandry sounds pretty good but your gutloading could use some improvement. Try using other greens (mustard greens, kale etc) as lettuce is low in nutrients. avoid tomatoes, avoid brocolli and spinach as they can prevent your cham from absorbing calcium. what type of thermometer are u using? i recommend a digital therm/hydrog combo with a probe as opposed to analog for better accuracy. You will need to have accurate temps before deciding on the wattage of bulb needed for heat. if your temps are good (low 80s 85 highest for a juvi) and its just extra light you want I would suggest getting a 6500k fluorescent light which will add more light and be beneficial to live plants in the enclosure. hopefully u can add some pics soon.

u know my game is generally the complete opposite. i've had him for about 2 years. and he's usually brown, dark green and what not during all hours of the day, but when he gets mad and pissed is when he brightens up and everything. maybe he's weird. im not sure. but he's never really felt stressed or in disconfort from it all though.

How can you tell its stressed or not he never puffs up or nips at me, the only time I know when we is nervous is when I'm holding him and he sees more then one person he gets skinny and rolls to the opposite side of my hand.

general rule of them, when he gets stressed. he will more then likely start getting spots all over his body. but it doesnt always mean he is stressed, it could just be his colors at the time. but yes when he gets skinny and leans to the side, he's just bein cautious of his surroundings, mine does this also. generall when im go to get him out of his cage, cause thats "his territory.

Back
Top Bottom