Veild vs Panther Cham

Wow, nice spread sheet. Very good budgeting!
I'd like to say for those vines, I would recommend something thicker. I thought the vines I got were thick enough, but just boom. It was alot thinner compared to my ever growing chameleons.
The UVB light, though it's an amzing light to get that you have budgeted for, I would reccomend something cheaper. $100 for two bulbs that you can't use in 6 months and have to constantly replaced is going to feel like a heavy amount of cash flying out of your wallet. Don't get something bad, but see if you could get UVB like that, but cheaper. Maybe reptisun/reptiglo? Don't use the compact ones though. Chewy.com usually has cheaper pet supplies.
I would go with the 2nd cage option you have if you really want to save money. It's a sturdy cage and big enough. It's not a luxury mansion but it will provide a very nice life for the chameleon in it.
Otherwise I'd say make sure you get a chameleon that's a little older. Just in my experience, if you start with a bigger cage and small chameleon they tend to get more stressed out and have a harder time finding thier food. Also, the live plane budget looks a little much. Get the plants a month before the chameleon. A couple pothos and a hibiscus will be good when you take it account they will get bigger. Pothos and hibiscus can both propagate, too.
Just a beginner chameleon keeper though, so don't rely to heavily.

Also 150 for plants is pretty generous you can get pothos for 10-15 and like @pi_and_peg mentioned they fill out and are easy to clone.

You may be able to take some extra from that category and plop it into future feeders or vet visits.

I'd advocate for getting the large enclosure they are animals and I got a 4 month old and out him in a 2*2*4 he loved the space and was always down to let me hand feed him or hund down free roaming feeders. Let their instincts take over

I'll go with veiled, they're so aggressive it's cute..... BTW, all of you overpaying for stuff.. My Stuff ain't new, but it does the job.. Just my cage was new... (Thinking of Building my own) I'm like $500 in.. (Not including Feeders and vet)
My veiled was Only $35 From Petco, I got it on sale cuz of a minor lil burn that I cured with Aloe Barbadensis.
That being said, everybody is different, and I get My Plants for free. That Helped a lot. (I work at a Nursery)

Back
Top Bottom