Veil NOT Veiled

I'm afraid there's a more pressing oustalet's problem that needs addressing as of late.

i came home from the ky reptile expo today... not impressed.... really thougt id see more chameleons... any ways... i just checked the Green HighHats care sheets.... and i must say... fabulous
unicorn-poop.jpg

I just took a peek and the care sheet!!! :eek: I was laughing for like five minutes straight! :D

I too have never actually heard it said Veil instead Veiled... even the tag at Petco/Petsmart says "Veiled" (not that we should really be taking their info as fact anyway, but still) Every care sheet I've ever seen says Veiled...

You cant really blame even the professionals for saying Veiled when thats obviously the term used the most. The spelling has nothing to do with the care and experience. Maybe its a regional thing like Yemen? Im definitely not an expert but still... :confused:

I know this is a ignorance disguised as a joke, or a joke disguised as ignorance thread (not sure which but it is certainly one or the other) but I feel someone ought to point out that the common name doesn't matter. If I go to any pet store in the US and ask to see a veil or a veiled they will show me the same species and that is the important part.

I vastly prefer high hat chameleon though... Green / trans / sunburst whatever color morph sounds nice up front...

When I first saw one they reminded me of the Sleestaks from Land of the Lost. It is an old TV show for all the young one out there.

A couple months ago, during a humorous thread we all posted about what drives us crazy. For the love of god people, PLEASE remember they are Veils NOT Veiled. If you can't even remember the correct name, how can remember it's needs. If I see Veiled written here one more time, I am going to snap!. Can't the moderators set auto-correct on this. Pretty soon, we will have Ambilobed Panthers and Jacksoned. Thanks, I feel better now. Let me wait 23 seconds, for the next mention of a quaded imported. :eek: (I am sure Traced and Braded willed fixed this issued. :)) Thanksed and haved a greated dayed.

This is the care sheet on this forum.... humm
https://www.chameleonforums.com/care/caresheets/

I have always seen them called Veiled.... Makes you wonder how so many people are incorrect... JS

A veiled chameleon is called a veiled chameleon for the same reason a bearded dragon is called bearded not beard dragon.

Just notticed the jackson? in the logo is wearing a black high hat..... i think we are getting some where.... :D

Back
Top Bottom