Veil NOT Veiled

junglefries

Avid Member
A couple months ago, during a humorous thread we all posted about what drives us crazy. For the love of god people, PLEASE remember they are Veils NOT Veiled. If you can't even remember the correct name, how can remember it's needs. If I see Veiled written here one more time, I am going to snap!. Can't the moderators set auto-correct on this. Pretty soon, we will have Ambilobed Panthers and Jacksoned. Thanks, I feel better now. Let me wait 23 seconds, for the next mention of a quaded imported. :eek: (I am sure Traced and Braded willed fixed this issued. :)) Thanksed and haved a greated dayed.

Last edited:
Haha, I'm not going to lie I am new to chameleons and did not know Veiled was incorrect. Do a Google search for Veil Chameleon and not only will it notify you that it is spelled incorrectly but it also gives an entire results page for Veiled Chameleon. May be very difficult to correct this

Haha, I'm not going to lie I am new to chameleons and did not know Veiled was incorrect. Do a Google search for Veil Chameleon and not only will it notify you that it is spelled incorrectly but it also gives an entire results page for Veiled Chameleon. May be very difficult to correct this
Was entirely meant as a rant, not to critique the newbies. That said, people should be given the correct info from the get go. I have noticed a lot of 'experienced' keepers using the term. I myself, would never take advice from someone who doesn't even know the correct spelling of the subject being discussed. Enjoyed thed rested ofed youred dayed. :)

Last edited:
I don't mean to argue or anything, but I'm pretty sure it actually is Veiled. I have yet to ever see it spelled Veil Chameleon. Maybe it's just always spelled wrong, dunno. But, isn't the "veil" the casque and since it has a large casque, it is "Veiled"? That's just what I've always thought. :confused: It would be really funny, though, it is actually was veil and the whole world seems to get it wrong!!! ;)

I don't mean to argue or anything, but I'm pretty sure it actually is Veiled. I have yet to ever see it spelled Veil Chameleon. Maybe it's just always spelled wrong, dunno. But, isn't the "veil" the casque and since it has a large casque, it is "Veiled"? That's just what I've always thought. :confused: It would be really funny, though, it is actually was veil and the whole world seems to get it wrong!!! ;)

I'm out, NO more! I can't take it. Where is Pshyobunny when I need him and a trip down the rabbit hole. How about a nice strong spirit from Trace or Lathis. Anymore and I just may have to take another hiatus. That would suck, as I have babies to unload. I just can't take it any longer, while leading a sober life. :eek:

:D I think it's too late, jungle! There is no stopping the "veiled" movement as it has spread beyond containment. I think what makes it difficult is just about 99% of the members on here use "veiled", which is then passed on to any new members. Heck...the care sheet on here even says "veiled" :eek:

Not sure if thread is joke or just that confused...
Fry_squinting.jpg

Im kinda new to this whole chameleon game, but isnt it more correct to call it a Yemen then a veil (or veiled for the weirdos) chameleon?....

Not sure if thread is joke or just that confused...
View attachment 105716

As I stated: a rant to a previous rant. :) seriuous but lighthearted. Educational and something that just plain makes my eyes bleed. I don't even read the help request, when someone writes veiled in the title. How can I help you, when you don't even know the name of what you need help with. People here, scream at newbies for not knowing this temp or which light. But, no one says anything, if they don't even know what their chameleon is. I swear psychobunny, i am going back to writing in all lower case letters. :eek: I am still waiting on that bacon margarita Trace.

As I stated: a rant to a previous rant. :) seriuous but lighthearted. Educational and something that just plain makes my eyes bleed. I don't even read the help request, when someone writes veiled in the title. How can I help you, when you don't even know the name of what you need help with. People here, scream at newbies for not knowing this temp or which light. But, no one says anything, if they don't even know what their chameleon is. I swear psychobunny, i am going back to writing in all lower case letters. :eek: I am still waiting on that bacon margarita Trace.

Are you serious? You weren't just pulling our collective legs?

Veiled is one of the common names and is the most widely used common name for the species. The correct name for the species is Chamaeleo calyptratus calyptratus.

Please tell me you are joking.

My thoughts as well.

A good-natured troll looking to see how many start posting about Veil chameleons????

Veils have no interest to me. My point was to jokingly in a lighthearted way, make people understand the correct name of this chameleon (per the previous Lathis thread). Anyone who knows me, will QUICKLY tell you I can not get away from them fast enough. After these last 30 leave, I will no longer indulge them. You try cleaning up after 160 baby VEILS. :eek: Feed, Clean, Mist, Repeat 7am-7pm. You'll need to get your tax returns already, you'll some uppity people. This weekend only: I will remove your stick for $2 :eek:.

This thread has me dying those babies pushed you over the edge lol

On a side note

What about when the call it a vale

I've seen that posted quite a bit lol

This thread has me dying those babies pushed you over the edge lol

On a side note

What about when the call it a vale

I've seen that posted quite a bit lol

Thing about typing, you can't hear the humor. After my 1,6?? posts, only once I have ever said something in an angry demeanor. Believe me, he knew it. That is what happens to a thread, when a bunch of people post to it not knowing the thought process of the initiator. Had Lathis, Locohare (psychobunny), Trace, or MacroLeaf (Little) posted first, the humor and my intended attempt would have been easily recognized. ROOKIES :eek: (stick removal deal expires 10 minutes before SB)

Need to go buy a couple thousand crickets for my chams and baby VEILEDS :eek: (oh no he didn't) :D. Will continue this debate in a couple hours.

Back
Top Bottom