Veil NOT Veiled

LOL! Turn my back for a day, and JF pulls another of his clever shenanigans in a deliberate attempt to befuddle the masses. :eek: ;)

Come to think of it, I’ll join you for those baconed margaritas. :D

I have to say, I have been involved,at least to some extent, with chameleons for over 20 years, and have never heard them referred to as veil chameleons. It has always been veiled or Yemen. To say that by having an -ed on the end automatically makes it incorrect is certainly not correct, look at frilled lizards. With the Panther chameleons, Ambilobe and so forth refers to the regions they are from, not the species. They are all Panther chameleons, with region of origin for clarification.

I like cheese
This is random, but got me thinking! ;)

Sorry I was at the pub! No bacon margarita but did have a few of those manly chameleon drinks for those of you keeping score.

What about the word Veild? When did that start?

Also you really have to wonder about airplanes.
How many times have you started the conversation with "Sorry, I was at the pub..." Wait, were you having airplane shots???

It's Friday, I think Junglefries needs a drink!
Wait, we're supposed to wait until Friday???

LOL! Turn my back for a day, and JF pulls another of his clever shenanigans in a deliberate attempt to befuddle the masses. :eek: ;)

Come to think of it, I’ll join you for those baconed margaritas. :D

Do they use Canadian Bacon in the northern version of this drink???

On a side note, I have yet to see the caresheets for Green High Hat Chameleons, and Veiled Chameleons are NOT GRUMPY!!!! :mad:

A couple months ago, during a humorous thread we all posted about what drives us crazy. For the love of god people, PLEASE remember they are Veils NOT Veiled. If you can't even remember the correct name, how can remember it's needs. If I see Veiled written here one more time, I am going to snap!. Can't the moderators set auto-correct on this. Pretty soon, we will have Ambilobed Panthers and Jacksoned. Thanks, I feel better now. Let me wait 23 seconds, for the next mention of a quaded imported. :eek: (I am sure Traced and Braded willed fixed this issued. :)) Thanksed and haved a greated dayed.

it´s name is calyptratus and it is not jacksoned it is jacksonii, if you can not remember their name how can you remember their needs?

I kind of want to die.

I’ve never experienced that feeling after a night at the pub. Interesting.

Aaaanyways, come on people, apparently chameleon keeping is serious business! News to me.

Wouldn’t it be cool if chameleons grew antlers every year?

I also vote for Green HighHats

1024px-Jemenchamaumlleon_Chamaeleo_calyptratus_zpsqmv808gb.jpg

So the books I bought from Barnes n Noble say "Veiled" on it as well..... So.... Either some pretty reputable professionals on reptiles are wrong, or you are. Regardless veil, veiled, I don't think it matters.
Also, to say that if you don't know the correct name you don't know the needs is pretty dumb. My VEILED chameleon is very well taken care of and healthy. Probably has one of the best living spaces I've ever seen for a chameleon being I hand built the beast of the cage it is.

So is it confirmed? No longer this veil, veiled mess. Green HighHats it is?!
Yes, I have declared it so. Trace - we need you to change the care sheets!

Day 2 - I still hate life... But I may have a beer tonight. You can't live in fear :)

Back
Top Bottom